ROLE SUMMARY & PURPOSE
A Release Manager is required to join the Workspace Program based in a time zone close to GMT +/- 3 hrs.
The Release Manager will report into a Programme Manager and own all aspects of release management for the platform.
The Release Manager will define and roll out the Release Strategy with key stakeholders from Product and Engineering and the Release Manager will be executing releases in line with the strategy.
The Release Manager will work across all the Workspace delivery channels: Desktop, Web, Mobile, Server Side and will deal with multiple stakeholders from different divisions and locations
The Release Manager will drive planning and communication with key stakeholders in Proposition/Frontline to determine impacts of changed release dates and understand key deadlines for specific features.
Functional Release Management
- Own all activities related to Refinitiv Workspace releases via key stakeholders (PE, QE, Product, Project, Proposition)?
- Create and own release strategy for the platform
- Create and own release plan with inputs from key stakeholders (PE, QE, Product, Project, Proposition, Tech Ops, Production Support, Service Management)?
- Manage communication to internal resources and also ensure communication with external users aligns with plans ?
- Manage defects (blocking and non blocking) related to releases with development teams?
- Take hand over from Project Managers to run release phase of projects ?
- Schedule and run weekly release status calls
- Schedule and run Go / No Go meetings ?
- Work with key stakeholders to understand impacts of changes in dates and scope
- Ensure release notes are created ?
- Monitor test phase and understand manage test coverage issues?
- Engage with Production Support to understand schedules and arrange fixes?
- Early Life Support Management
Technical Release Management
- Follow-up on the execution of the internal release plan and regularly communicate the changes
- Run the Release Status weekly call and keep the minutes document updated as new information comes in
- Build and maintain queries to help tracking late defects and stories, as we get close to the end of the development cycle
- Ensure compilation success of the candidate packages that will proceed to the internal phase, the pre-release phase and the global release
- Raise any error and blocking point that affects the compilation or deployment of the candidate packages to the development teams in charge
- Monitor and maintain the central "Post last commit checkins" document, by ensuring the method of working is applied by development teams
- Ensure the software package has the expected content, is made available for QA teams and gets ready for release targeting activation as we approach a milestone
- Collect feedback and chair release cycle retrospectives to identify what can be improved in the process, then follow-up on the actions
- Communicate the changes in our release process to development teams and liaise with those who deviate or break the rules
- Keep the release reference documents
SCOPE & IMPACT
- Create strategy and framework for all program releases with key focus on Desktop
- Define, scope and manage releases across the platform
- Releases will be global or regional in scope.
- Typical releases take work from multiple projects and require ownership from hand over from project managers
- Scope of work includes managing key senior stakeholders to ensure agreement/approval of planned timelines and any changes to timelines
- Implementation may require product launch / direct impact on our customers' businesses.
- Includes early life support and SLAs agreement with Production Support
Qualifications and Skills
- 5+ Years experience in Technical Release Management
- Financial Services experience required
- ITIL conversant
- Experience in Software project management
- Experience in building plans that involve multiple virtual teams
- Experienced in chairing virtual meetings
- Knowledge of continuous integration and continuous deployment concepts and related software (Git, SVN, Jenkins)
- Knowledge of standards office and development tools (or equivalent): Office365, Jira, Confluence, BAMS
- Knowledge of advanced SQL queries
- Be able to operate in a very dynamic environment with few processes and competing priorities
- Able to reduce complex issues with a high number of stakeholders into easily actionable tasks to drive delivery
- Have a 'can do' attitude that allows for taking on things that may seem as if they are outside the remit of the role when it means getting things delivered
- Strong communicator who can keep management up to do date on key activities of program level interest
- Comfortable working with senior stakeholders particularly when dates are moving and pressure is high
- Full ownership and end to end mindset with a cast iron integrity in all dealings, both internal and external
- Show concern for your work colleagues
- Be open and honest in dialogue, processes and seek consensus in decision making
- Be creative, co-operative and collaborative
- Highly motivated self-starter
- Good analytical, synthesis and reporting skills
- Attention to details with good understanding of the big picture
- Process guru with curiosity and eagerness to suggest new things
RELATIONSHIPS: INTERNAL / EXTERNAL
- Technology Delivery Managers
- Technology delivery teams (development, operations, architects)
- 3rd parties (vendors, exchanges, clients, service providers)
- Project and programme management colleagues
- Senior Leadership Team in Refinitiv Technology team
- Business Case Stakeholders (Product and Proposition Management)
- Technology Programme Office partners
- Business Programme Office partners