: Remote GCSE Maths TutorLocation
: Remote, but may be required to deliver some classroom-based sessionsSalary
: £28,014-£31,668 per annum, pro rata (dependent on experience and qualifications)Type
: Part Time, Permanent (30 hours per week, flexible)Benefits
: Access Creative College also offers competitive remuneration and other job benefits dependent on role such as: Enhanced holiday / annual leave Enhanced maternity / paternity / adoption pay Sabbatical leave Employee Assistance Programme Employee Discounts with 800+ Retailers Cycle to Work Scheme Teacher training which is transferable throughout the FE SectorJob Context
To create, deliver and support the provision of additional, contextualised GCSE Maths blended-learning lessons and activities for learners studying on creative industries-based study programmes, in line with a shared scheme of work and timetabled classroom sessions.
A key focus is the development and delivery of remote online lessons and the provision of support, with occasional classroom-based work together with associated 1:1s and small group activities to help learners progress.
The role will deliver to learners engaged in creative industry-based study programmes, including music performance and technology, media, games and sports, drawn from across our network of delivery centres. It will involve working alongside classroom-based tutors to facilitate and utilise online resources and lessons linked to the GCSE Maths curriculum.Job Summary
The Remote GCSE Maths Tutor will provide effective support to groups of learners through remote online lessons and associated development and assessment activities. This role is responsible for providing support to a variety of learners and staff to enable the achievement of learning goals.
The Remote GCSE Maths Tutor will manage and supervise a flow of learners assigned to the programme of GCSE Maths development based on an initial assessment of needs. The Remote GCSE Maths Tutor will also support assessment, target setting, and progress reviews.
Sessions may be allocated by level and the focus of your lessons, plans and assessments will mirror, extend and support the delivery of the curriculum via a shared scheme of work and regular interaction with the wider team.Main duties
Person SpecificationKnowledge and Experience
- To deliver a variety of specific GCSE Maths lessons, supporting activities and training sessions to groups of learners.
- To develop, record and deliver lesson content and associated learning online materials to groups of learners by level drawn from across our network of delivery centres.
- Prepare and use suitable teaching and learning materials which take into account differentiation and individual learning styles.
- To support the delivery of online learning through support activities with classroom-based tutors, group and one-to-one tutorials, individual support calls and activities linked to identified learner needs.
- To provide advice and support to all learners throughout their time on Programme which will assist them in achieving a GCSE Maths qualification – this can be delivered on a one-to-one or group basis and will require effective diary management.
- To undertake material development and review, including lesson plans and shared schemes of work, associated learning resources and workbooks to ensure that programmes are appropriate in level and scope to meet the needs of the learner.
- To undertake the appropriate assessment of learning and development including marking of learner work and to provide timely and accurate feedback.
- To participate in internal verification activities, including standardisation and course team meetings in line with the College’s wider Maths strategy; incorporating feedback and agreed actions arising from internal or external verification into materials and course delivery as appropriate.
- To work with the Head of Maths and English and classroom-based tutors, where appropriate to deliver a full and complementary programme to learners.
- To liaise with the Tutor team and the College Exams Manager to ensure that learners are registered and entered on to relevant examinations as appropriate.
- To support the dissemination of results and assessment feedback to learners.
- To support and contribute to the wider College Maths strategy.
- To maintain accurate records as required for examinations, all assessed work and report on learner progress when required.
- To undertake staff development activities as deemed necessary by the company that shall enhance individual, team and organisational performance.
- To comply with all company policies and procedures including Health and Safety, Equal Opportunities and Information Security.
- To complete all designated paperwork and information into MI Systems as appropriate for the Company.
- Ensure course targets are met and liaise with the Head of Maths and English and the wider Management Team to implement a development plan to meet identified learner needs.
- To attend and contribute to relevant meetings linked to the delivery of the provision.
- To undertake such duties as may be required by the Management Team which are commensurate with the title of the post.
- A minimum of two years delivering GCSE Maths to learners.
- Experience in successfully supporting a wide range of learners and adapting approaches accordingly.
- Experience in working within quality assurance systems.
- Ability to develop and present engaging online content to support the delivery and achievement of identified learning goals.
- Experience in providing remote support to learners using a range of delivery methods, including the use of technology e.g. Zoom, Microsoft Team, Google Meet etc.
- Relevant teaching/training/coaching-related qualification at level 4 or above.
- Demonstrable ability at Level 2 in personal Literacy and Numeracy.
- Ability to demonstrate a successful track record of supporting learners’ progress and achievement.
- Target-orientated and the ability to strive for constant personal and professional improvement.
- Ability to demonstrate excellent organisational skills to prioritise objectives and meet deadlines.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Ability to train creatively, adapt to the needs of the learners, adopt contextualised delivery techniques, and be willing to explore new strategies.
- Ability to embrace and develop practical and innovative delivery models for GCSE Maths
- Ability to recognise discrimination and able to demonstrate an awareness of equal opportunities
- Knowledge and ability to use and support learning linked to a variety of IT systems and processes in the working environment including Google GSuite, MS Office applications, email and web browsers.
- Excellent time management and organisation skills
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and negotiation skills.
- Creative problem-solving skills and a positive approach to challenging cases.
Resources would include, but not be limited to, presentations with audio narratives, worksheets, online platforms, past exam papers and additional diagnostic tools.A typical working week for the Remote GCSE Maths Tutor would involve:
- Design of a scheme of work for GCSE Maths courses;
- Lesson plans for each week of delivery; and accompanying resources inclusive of homework for learners.
- Follow-up small group Hangout video lessons would support learning post-delivery of the week’s lessons and ‘drop-in’ 1-to-1 Hangouts would be bookable for learners requiring additional support: as identified by the Tutor team or the Facilitator whilst marking work.
- Regular ongoing assessment to underpin the quality of programmes being delivered and highlight support needs.
Ref: 135 208