Do you have a genuine interest in changing the lives of vulnerable children and young adults?
Whether you have previous experience or not, if you are determined, highly motivated, honest, a good team player, have a willingness to adapt and have a real passion for working with children and young adults then why not join our fantastic team as a Residential Support Worker?
Residential Support Worker Responsibilities:
Whilst no two days are ever the same, as a Residential Support Worker, you will be responsible for enriching and having a positive impact on the lives of our children and young adults. You will be supporting our children and young adults to achieve their goals, inspiring them to reach their full potentials and achieve their best possible outcomes. You will do this by becoming a role model, encouraging them to live independently and helping them make positive choices.
You will support the care team, manager and deputy manager in developing the service, and you will work collaboratively as part of a multi-disciplinary team including clinical staff, such as psychiatrists, psychologists, occupational health, therapists, educational and social workers. Our children and young adults require support with other people, due to behaviours that challenge.
Residential Support Worker Requirements:
Whilst experience in the sector and the relevant Level 3 / 4 qualification is desirable, full training will be provided on the job, and we will support you to utilise your transferable skills attained within previous job roles and education, helping you to achieve the relevant qualifications and skills required for the role.
Who we are:
Established in 2004, Young Foundations is part of the MHC Group. We are a leading, nationwide provider of residential step down services for children and young adults, with services based in the North East, North West, Midlands, Yorkshire, North Wales and Scotland regions.
Young Foundations is not just your average care company, we are an award winning, value driven, vibrant business that offers its staff team the opportunity to develop and grow in their careers as part of a nationally renowned and recognised company.
We provide services for children and young adults who have a range of identified complex and challenging needs such as: Autism, Learning Disabilities, Mental Health Issues and other associated health needs
What Young Foundations can offer:
Young Foundations offer our incredible team both extensive career and learning and development opportunities, including;
• Fully funded registration, support and funding to achieve your ‘Level 4 Children, Young People and Families Practitioner’ qualification or equivalent.
• Study whilst you earn through our partnership with Wrexham Glyndŵr University, which enables Young Foundations staff to achieve either a nationally recognised Foundation or Bachelor’s Level Degree in Therapeutic Childcare, for a minimal cost of just £125 per month
• Young Foundations Management Development Programme, which is lead by our Managing Director, that helps upskill members of our fantastic team at all levels of the company, with fundamental management skills; helping to shape and grow the next generation of managers at Young Foundations
• A variety of training opportunities, including training on safeguarding, health and safety, attachment disorder, neurology, development, mental health and well-being.
• Complete our Foundations for Safer Care (FFSC) crisis management training; which has been developed in-house over a number of years and recently achieved BILD certification
We’d love to hear from you. To apply, please submit your CV with upto date contact details included.
Location: Middlesbrough, North Yorkshire
Contract type: Permanent
Hours: 40 per week
Salary: £20547 - £22925 per annum
Benefits: Company Pension Scheme, On-site Parking, Casual Dress, Generous Mileage Expenses
You may also have experience in the following: Residential Support Worker, Residential Care Staff, Senior Support Worker, Young People, Voluntary Sector, Residential Care Worker, Community Development, Challenging Behaviour, Senior Social Care Worker, Community Services, Care Assistant, Health & Social Care, etc.
Ref: 105 825