Ambassador. Cultivator. Champion.
As a Business Consultant, you’ll experience feelings you’ve never experienced about work before. Joy. Pride. Thrills. And downright chills about the opportunities the wonderful world of retail can offer you. In this role, you’ll generate new business sales for BT through our EE Retail stores and beyond, working with colleagues in Retail and SoHo Enterprise to give local business the best service and sales journey.
What you’ll do:
- Be an ambassador for both EE and BT business in the external market and with internal stakeholders.
- Demonstrate best in class sales behaviours and deliver excellent customer experience results in line with KPIs and SLAs.
- Achieve monthly and quarterly targets based on four main main KPI’s on EE mobile Volume, fixed broadband volume, EE mobile upgrade volume and overall value in an easy to do business way.
- Identify, nurture and win sales through sustained prospecting activity including multiple campaign sources.
- Fully understand the prospective business, their buying and decision making processes, as well as developing effective relationships with key contacts of the account.
- Seek to grow existing customer relationships and account size, through in-life health checks and resign activity.
- Take a proactive and organised approach to managing own resources, appointments and customer visits to meet business and customer expectations.
- Ensure that all warm customer leads are handled within agreed SLAs and timelines in line with business rules. Maintain a high awareness and knowledge of the SoHo/SME local market, including industry, competitors and telecoms and evolving internal activities to ensure that all business opportunities are identified, considered and implemented appropriately.
- Establish relationships and partnerships with external networking bodies, through LinkedIn, Chamber of Commerce or local council initiatives.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with peers within the host store and region; and regularly network with cross functional areas to enhance collaboration and productivity.
- Operate within policy, commercial and contractual guidelines, making efficient and effective use of escalation routes.
- Have demonstrable experience within a highly successful direct sales role in a B2C or B2B marketplace in a role that is primarily focused on new acquisition
- Have experience in the telecoms fixed and mobile industry, preferably within a retail based environment
- Focus on solutions to meet customer needs
- Have bags of commercial acumen; ability to stay within an investment framework and drive profitability for BT
- Be able to plan and organise own schedule to ensure all daily and weekly activities are completed to a high standard
- Work collaboratively; internally and externally
- Have brilliant communication skills; listening to customer needs and articulating best solution
- Able to influence at multiple stakeholder levels to drive Enterprise agenda
- Be results driven individual; focused on achieving monthly targets and driving success
You might even:
- Have experience of negotiating commercial contracts
What’s in it for you?
- £25,000 - £35,000 basic salary with uncapped commission
- Excellent career progression opportunities with EE’s Aspire programme – the chance to learn key business and leadership skills.
- 50% discount on your personal EE mobile phone package
- 30% Friends and Family discount from day one (conditions apply)
- 25 days’ holiday (pro-rata) with the opportunity to buy a further 5 days
- The chance to win once-in-a-lifetime all-expense paid trips, sponsored by manufacturers
- Discounted TV and broadband packages, free BT Sport app
- Healthcare cash plan including Dental and Optical offers
- Option to join BT share plans
Technology can do wonders for the world, and we’re showing the UK how. Our people keep customers happy with great service, and our network, named as the best in the UK, is keeping their digital lives connected. Since becoming part of the BT family, we’ve focused on creating an energising culture that makes EE an even better place to build a career. Empowered, challenged, supported and rewarded, our people are the key to our success. We’re at the top of our game, and this is your chance to join us.
At EE, we’re creating an inclusive working environment where people from all backgrounds can succeed. Diversity makes sense for us, for our customers and for our future. We value different perspectives, skills and experiences, and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
We’re therefore open to considering flexible working, things like part-time hours or other flexible options. We also offer emergency time off for dependants in addition to generous maternity and paternity leave. It’s our way of helping people find a job that suits them, so talk to us during the recruitment process to find out where you could fit in.
If you’re thinking about working for the UK’s biggest and fastest network, why not follow our shiny recruitment channels on Twitter, LinkedIn and Glassdoor. Packed with the latest jobs, company news and career stories it could be a great move.