We are currently recruiting for a successful, highly organised, and experienced sales underwriter to join our vibrant, friendly team based in Cardiff.
Taking on the role of a sales underwriter you would be joining a small team of 5 who support each other daily to make sure they all achieve the best result. You will be responsible for dealing with broker queries via telephone, email, and live chat in a busy environment.
On average you will be taking around 50 calls a day so if you don’t mind speaking to people a lot on the phone this is the job for you.
Location: Based in Cardiff town centre where there are great transports links should you wish to travel by train, car, or bus.
- Quoting of risks, via online systems and manual underwriting
- Liaising with and building relationships with Agents
- Accurate quoting and full transparency of new business and renewal premiums
- You will be carrying out general administration business support as and when required
- You will have excellent communication skills both verbal and written coupled with an excellent telephone manner and interpersonal skills,
- You will have a flexible, adaptable, and pro-active approach to tasks with the ability to learn quickly,
- You will be very customer focused with experience in dealing with a high volume of complex calls, working in a fast-paced environment,
- You will have excellent organisational skills and the ability to manage your own workload in line with changing priorities,
- You will be a great team player, with the willingness to support others,
- You will be at a good level in using MS packages such as MS Excel, MS Word and Outlook
- Insurance experience is essential and if you have Motor insurance than that would be a benefit
Due to the business moving over to Acturis it would be desirable if you have experience using it however this isn’t essential.
Why Work For Us?
TFP Schemes are a provider of specialist wholesale underwriting facilities for niche motor to the UK broker market. We have particular expertise in single and fleet risks across taxis, chauffeured vehicles, minibus, motor trade road risks, agriculture, funeral homes and other specialist markets. In 2017 TFP Schemes joined the PIB Group. This exciting change saw us continue with our long-term goal in cementing our position as a major force in the Niche Motor Market and providing our Broker Partners access to an even wider product range.
TFP Schemes is based in Cardiff and being part of the PIB Group means that we can enjoy the strength and leverage that come with being part of a larger group for the benefit of our people as well as our customers.
Collaboration is at the heart of everything we do. We believe that working together as one team across the Group is better for our customers, our businesses, and our employees, we offer excellent rates of pay, fantastic benefits and excellent career opportunities.
PIB Group is an equal opportunities employer, committed to hiring a diverse and inclusive workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, gender, religion, disability, age, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Your application will be treated in the strictest confidence
Ref: 100 935