Senior Scala Developer
Up to £600 pd
Location: Candidates will be working remotely. However, the base locations will be in Worthing, Telford, Leeds, Newcastle, and Edinburgh, and maybe be required to go into the office twice every 6 weeks.
To be successful in this role, you'll need a combination of experience, proven skills and personal attributes. See below to find out if you're the person we're looking for.
Our pride in offering dynamic solutions reaches further than our clients because we understand that our success comes from the heartbeat of our company; which is ultimately our people. We encourage those who may need a more agile approach to the structure of their working day to apply; we are always willing to discuss flexible options where we can.
Your day-to-day responsibilities include:
Implementation of frontend & backend systems for our clients
Quality assurance and code reviews of existing codebases
Participation in Agile ceremonies
Coaching development team
Discussing requirements with Clients
Skills we can't do without:
For this assignment we are looking for developers who are experienced using Scala and the Play! Framework to develop cloud based micro service architecture services with both HTML web frontends and JSON APIs.
Recent Experience (3+ years) in
- Scala with SBT
- Play! Framework (Scala bindings)
- Continuous integration (Jenkins)
- Version control (Git & GitHub)
- NoSQL databases (MongoDB)
- Oracle Databases
Developers will be competent with, or experts on using Scala and the Play! Framework to develop cloud based micro service architecture services with both HTML web frontends and JSON APIs.
Designers will be expected to create static HTML and CSS prototypes. They will know how to code for different screen sizes and can version and host a prototype.
In addition, we are looking for candidates who have:
- Worked within multidisciplinary teams in an Agile and DevOps environment.
- Experience delivering solutions confirming to Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG 2.0)
- Problem-solving skills and ability collaborate with developers to overcome development and operational issues.
- Good communication and team working skills
- Able to undertake and successfully gain SC level security clearance checks.
Skills we'd like:
- Proven experience of implementing unit testing of software, Behaviour-Driven Development and/or Test-Driven Development.
- Experience delivering solutions aligned to the GDS Service Standard
- Experience with Oracle Databases
- Experience of delivering within SAFe programmes
- Background in the development of Restful Web Services.
- Use of public cloud & API services to deliver applications.
- Understanding how to build observable applications.
- Experience working in Central Government, Military or Police accounts.
If you feel like your skills match the spec, then please apply and we shall be in touch!