Royal London is the largest mutual life insurance, pensions and investment company in the UK. Since its foundation 160 years ago, Royal London has supported millions of people to protect and provide for themselves and their families.
Our culture is welcoming, friendly, flexible and we aim to make you always feel included. We welcome applications from individuals who have taken an extended career break or those who are transitioning from different sectors.
To support this we are always open to discussing flexible working arrangements and as we transition to hybrid working we will discuss working patterns or locations that ensure you have the freedom to be your best. It’s what makes Royal London a great place to work.
We believe that being together some of the time will help our colleagues to feel truly connected to our Spirit of Royal London culture. Many of us value the passing conversations, social interactions and building relationships that comes from being together in the office.
As a Senior Actuarial Analyst you will be joining a newly created and growing team as Royal London expands our insurance risk appetite. You will play a key role in enhancing our data and systems capability to generate value by optimising the management of insurance risks.
- Development of the data processes to allow greater insight into the insurance risks
- Development of the systems to analyse insurance risks
- Providing the SME to support the wider team in using the team systems
- Support senior leaders in implementing and embedding our risk processes
- Degree in Mathematics or Actuarial Science related subject
- Progression through the Foundations in Actuaries (FIA) qualification
- Strong capability in R and SQL
- Experience of developing actuarial systems
- Experience of working with annuity data
What We Offer
- We've always been proud to reward employees by offering a number of benefits such as Pensions and Protection, Performance and role-related benefits, Lifestyle and Wellbeing
- Our culture comes from within, or to put it another way, it comes from our people. It’s what makes Royal London a great place to work.
- Our People Promise is something we live up to every day. We know we can rely on you, and you can expect plenty from us in return.
- Glassdoor ranked us among the best places to work in the UK in 2021
We are an equal opportunities employer. We work hard to attract the best talent for our award-winning team. We believe that embracing difference makes us stronger. Our diverse people bring us different skills – whatever their educational background, disability, gender, age, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
In fact, the first pillar of our People Promise is designed to make sure you 'work somewhere inclusive'. We want to live up to this promise; it’s good for our people and good for our customers too, because our workforce should reflect our communities.