Senior Business Analyst
Location - Canary Wharf - London
Pay: £460 a day PAYE or £590 a day Umbrella option
Contract - 6 months (possibility of extension)
Market Risk and Liquidity Programme
Please note: You will be required to work in the office every Tuesday and Thursday and have flexibility to work at the office when required.
We are currently looking for a Senior Business Analyst with strong end to end process mapping experience to join our clients team during a Market Risk and Liquidity programme.
The programme covers the review and remediation of identified thematic issues across documentation, data, processes and controls, organisational capabilities (people and change) and regulatory interpretation into global Liquidity policy.
Purpose of the role
This role is required to provide business analysis on the Process, Control & Operating Model deliverables, with a specific focus on delivering the following:
- Detailed end-to-end process maps
- Process specific key risk assessment across the end-to-end reporting process
- Controls review and risk mapping
- Standardisation, rationalisation full uplift of controls
The primary role is to provide business change management for Liquidity Finance projects as part of the Process, Control & Operating Design team.
The role holder will be required to work with Group and Local Stakeholders to develop an in depth understanding of the reporting process for specific Liquidity reports whilst ensuring that there is clear documentation and governance of the deliverables. The role requires an understanding of Finance reporting processes, and systems and data landscape.
In particular, the role holder will be required to take a lead role in a range of analytic and project activities, including development of process requirements through discussion and workshops, working with users to document read-across maps (systems and process), data analysis, and identification and management of project dependencies, risks and issues.
Key knowledge/experience required for the role:
- Significant experience as a Business Analyst, with strong proficiency in process mapping, risk assessment and controls design
- Strong Knowledge and demonstrable experience of Finance & Risk processes at HSBC or a Global Bank
- Understanding of Liquidity reporting specifically LCR, NSFR, PRA110 reporting would be an advantage
- Strong understanding of Finance reporting processes and general accounting knowledge would be beneficial
- Experience working on global or large transformation programmes and projects
- End to end process mapping experience
- Proficient user of Microsoft Visio
- Banking background is highly desirable
- Strong proficiency in end to end process mapping
Duties and Responsibilities
- Produce clear documentation and communication of project requirements and analysis
- Coordinate and hold user requirements gathering and process definition workshops with the business
- Agree documented user requirements with the business
- Monitor, track issues, risks and dependencies on analysis and requirements work
- Manage ad-hoc tasks as required
- Coordinate and manage collation of user requirements, and user involvement in training and testing with the relevant business areas
- Support user workshops and training programmes
- Manage project tasks and upward reporting of status on "in progress" task
- Ensure that analysis and recommendations result in the correct and optimal recommendations for project implementation
Please submit your CV in the first instance.