Commercial Solicitor specialising in general commercial, data protection and/or technology
Harper James Solicitors is a rapidly growing and ambitious commercial law firm that has unique proposition for clients and lawyers alike.
We are looking to add a number of lawyers to our continually growing teams of technology, general commercial and data protection lawyers. We are ideally looking for lawyers with more than 8 years PQE but would be interested in hearing from lawyers of all levels.
You don’t need a following. You can work full time, part time or flexible hours to suit you.
Who we are
Harper James is designed specifically to support entrepreneurial businesses from startup to scale-up and beyond.
Toby Harper, its founder and CEO, previously worked in-house for a well-known venture capital firm. During his time there, he saw first-hand the barriers growth businesses faced in accessing quality legal advice, and decided something needed to be done.
Harper James aspires to disrupt the model for which legal services are provided to businesses. The Netflix of the legal world, the firm’s innovative approach to delivering highly tailored and accessible legal advice is considered genuinely different to the establishment.
Harper James is in its 7th year and hitting a £6m turnover. We have plans to triple this income by 2025. Getting in the right talent to support our growth is a key part of our strategy.
What we offer
Lawyers would usually work remotely but have access to meeting space in Birmingham, Cambridge, London, Manchester, Oxford and Sheffield.
We work really hard to ensure our lawyers still feel part of a team so they can collaborate, share ideas and enjoy each other’s company. The remote set up allows people to work from wherever they want, to give people the flexibility they need, for whatever reason. But, we want people to feel that they belong to an ambitious company and that their contribution towards our growth is recognized individually and as a team.
If you want to build a team, we’ll support you and we will generously recognise and reward you for growth in that team too. As long as you want to work with entrepreneurial businesses, we will discuss any idea you have to do it.
The bottom line
- Work where and when you want. Full time, part time and flexible hours are available.
- No client following is required. We care about experience, expertise and commitment to our clients.
- An environment with no politics, no bureaucracy and a great team of people who all play a fundamental part in the success and continued growth of the business.
- A career opportunity for all levels of experience that meets your needs and that is capable of evolving as you evolve… whether that means intellectually stimulating work for interesting and grateful clients, building a team or, for more junior lawyers, an opportunity to accelerate your career in a role supported by an experienced mentor…or all of the foregoing!
- Remuneration structures, pension, holiday and healthcare equivalent to much of UK top 100 firms.
If this sounds like a great opportunity for you, apply today with a CV and covering email!