Royal London is the largest mutual life insurance, pensions and investment company in the UK. Since its foundation 160 years ago, Royal London has supported millions of people to protect and provide for themselves and their families.
Our culture is welcoming, friendly, flexible and we aim to make you always feel included. We welcome applications from individuals who have taken an extended career break or those who are transitioning from different sectors.
To support this, we are always open to discussing flexible working arrangements and as we transition to hybrid working we will discuss working patterns or locations that ensure you have the freedom to be your best. It’s what makes Royal London a great place to work.
We believe that being together some of the time will help our colleagues to feel truly connected to our Spirit of Royal London culture. Many of us value the passing conversations, social interactions and building relationships that comes from being together in the office.
Royal London Asset Management (RLAM) was established in 1988 and is a wholly owned and central part of the Royal London Group. Since our inception we have built a reputation as an innovative, high performing fund manager. Our track record and exceptional client service have been recognised with a number of awards. We are proud of the people we employ, the performance we have delivered and the wide-ranging group of clients we manage.
We currently have an exciting opportunity to bring onboard a Senior Derivatives Operations Analyst to join Royal London Asset Management on a permanent contract in London.
The purpose of the role is to support all Derivative trading activity on behalf of all RLAM funds and clients. This includes all pre and post trade operational activity surrounding Derivative trading and Lifecyle/Position management. The role is responsible for providing day-to-day oversight of the Outsourced providers activity to ensure that SLAs are in line with expectations.
- Support the Front Office with all relevant pre & post trade activity specifically related to Derivatives.
- Industry and Regulatory sounding to identify areas of impact to RLAM.
- Relationship management between internal and external stakeholders, e.g., Fund managers, Dealers, Counterparties etc.
- Operational processing and oversight of Derivative trading and lifecycle activity.
- Collateral Management oversight and legal documentation management.
- Fund, Client and Counterparty onboarding support.
- Detailed knowledge of operationally industry practice for derivatives.
- Understanding of the operational requirements of trading in derivatives and management of collateral.
- Strong understanding of Derivatives and the regulations that govern them.
- Understanding of Fund Manager daily routines and processes.
- Good knowledge and understanding of compliance and regulatory requirements.
- Strong Microsoft office skills with focus on Excel and VBA.
- Previous relevant experience at Asset Manager.
- Ability to read / write SQL.
- Relevant industry qualifications
What we offer
- We've always been proud to reward employees by offering a number of benefits such as Pensions and Protection, Performance and role-related benefits, Lifestyle and Wellbeing
- Our culture comes from within, or to put it another way, it comes from our people. It’s what makes Royal London a great place to work.
- Our People Promise is something we live up to every day. We know we can rely on you, and you can expect plenty from us in return.
- Glassdoor ranked us among the best places to work in the UK in 2021
We are an equal opportunities employer. We work hard to attract the best talent for our award-winning team. We believe that embracing difference makes us stronger. Our diverse people bring us different skills – whatever their educational background, disability, gender, age, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
In fact, the first pillar of our People Promise is designed to make sure you 'work somewhere inclusive'. We want to live up to this promise; it’s good for our people and good for our customers too, because our workforce should reflect our communities.