Waters is looking for a Senior Engineer for its Clinical Systems Development Software team.
The Clinical Software Development group is dedicated to delivering customer benefit in the clinical market segment through the evaluation, development and deployment of innovative clinical system capabilities.
Clinical Systems Development is a new team being created to develop Waters Clinical and IVD Systems, Hardware and Software. This is a great opportunity to get involved at the very outset of a new organisation, with a mission to delivering customer benefit in the clinical market segment through the evaluation, development and deployment of innovative clinical system capabilities.
As a Senior Engineer you'll design, develop and maintain software related products for the company and contribute to continual technical learning within the department.
What can we offer you?
- A plan for your personal development in your own area of specialism, pursuing this with the support of your manager to undertake the training and learning to progress
- Flexible working hours and a hybrid approach
- Competitive salary
- 25 days annual leave
- Private health and dental insurance
- Contributory based pension scheme
- Subsidized membership of onsite gym
- EAP (Employee Assistance Program)
As a Senior Engineer, you would be part of the Waters Clinical Systems Development group producing software that is used by scientists worldwide for scientific analysis.
Your main responsibilities would include:
- Software development across our technology stack
- Contributing to team and project continuous improvement activities
- Working collaboratively as part of a cross discipline agile team to deliver software for Waters Clinical Systems.
- Design, develop and maintain all aspects of software developed by the department.
- Work in close partnership with software test engineers to improve product quality.
- Provide code and supporting documentation in accordance with the software development processes and codes of practice.
- Seek opportunities for improved productivity, efficiency and quality.
- Build strong working relationships with other departments.
- Contributing to continuous integration and delivery frameworks and approaches
What will make you a successful Senior Engineer at Waters:
- Problem solving skills.
- Ability to work autonomously.
- Excellent communication and decision-making skills.
- Degree (or equivalent) in a science, engineering or computing related subject.
The following criteria are desirable, but are not essential since training will be provided for you:
- Agile software development for iterative product delivery
- Behaviour Driven Development (BDD), with Gherkin & SpecFlow
- Atlassian Jira, Bamboo, Confluence
- Software security implementation (e.g. OWASP, PKI, X509 Certificates, TLS)
- Software development for regulated environments (e.g. IVD / Medical devices)