Royal London is the largest mutual life insurance, pensions and investment company in the UK. Since its foundation 160 years ago, Royal London has supported millions of people to protect and provide for themselves and their families.
Our culture is welcoming, friendly, flexible and we aim to make you always feel included. We welcome applications from individuals who have taken an extended career break or those who are transitioning from different sectors.
To support this we are always open to discussing flexible working arrangements and as we transition to hybrid working we will discuss working patterns or locations that ensure you have the freedom to be your best. It’s what makes Royal London a great place to work.
We believe that being together some of the time will help our colleagues to feel truly connected to our Spirit of Royal London culture. Many of us value the passing conversations, social interactions and building relationships that comes from being together in the office.
An exciting and challenging opportunity has arisen for a Senior Environment and Sustainability Analyst with knowledge and experience in Scope 3 emissions to join our Group Operations team on a permanent contract and help lead on our operational sustainability strategy.
To lead on the calculation and analysis of Royal London’s operational environmental impact, enabling the Group to meet its sustainability targets including net zero in our operations as well as continually reviewing and setting new targets, particularly regarding Scope 3 emissions. You will provide industry insight and best practice in methodologies for carbon calculation and sustainability reporting alongside building Royal London’s Group Environmental Management System to achieve and maintain ISO14001 accreditation.
- Contribute to Royal London Group’s operational net zero and other operational climate pledges to support the business purpose focus of moving fairly to a sustainable world
- Lead Royal London Group’s approach to non-Investment related Scope 3 calculations and reporting ensuring the most up-to-date and relevant methodologies are being applied and tracked.
- Build an ISO14001 accredited Environmental Management System for the Group.
- Manage the delivery of the Energy Performance Contract (EPC) with our Facilities Management partner and have a comprehensive understanding of the Measurement & Verification (M&V) Plan underpinning the EPC.
- Provide support and guidance to the Your Workplace team in ensuring sustainability is built into the Facilities Services and the Estates pillars.
- Support teams across the Group in incorporating climate change considerations and sustainable outcomes into the way they operate
- Provide subject matter expertise on emerging best practice, trends and regulation in relation to operational sustainability
- Contribute to, and deputise for the Group Environment & Sustainability Manager, in relevant sustainability working groups
- Knowledge and experience of Scope 3 emissions calculation and reporting
- Knowledge of ISO14001 standard
- Knowledge of climate change and science based targets initiative
- A passion for sustainability and tackling climate change
- A confident communicator
- Highly motivated to develop professionally and progress within Royal London Group
- Highly competent in data handling and analysis
- Experience in climate communications.
- Knowledge of climate disclosure platforms e.g CDP.
- Ability to interpret detail and relay to non-subject matter experts and stakeholders.
- Previous experience in a Financial Services organisation could be advantageous but is not essential.
What we offer
- We've always been proud to reward employees by offering a number of benefits such as Pensions and Protection, Performance and role-related benefits, Lifestyle and Wellbeing
- Our culture comes from within, or to put it another way, it comes from our people. It’s what makes Royal London a great place to work.
- Our People Promise is something we live up to every day. We know we can rely on you, and you can expect plenty from us in return.
- Glassdoor have again ranked as among the best places to work in the UK
We are an equal opportunities employer. We work hard to attract the best talent for our award-winning team. We believe that embracing difference makes us stronger. Our diverse people bring us different skills – whatever their educational background, disability, gender, age, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
In fact, the first pillar of our People Promise is designed to make sure you 'work somewhere inclusive'. We want to live up to this promise; it’s good for our people and good for our customers too, because our workforce should reflect our communities.