Royal London is the largest mutual life insurance, pensions and investment company in the UK. Since its foundation 160 years ago, Royal London has supported millions of people to protect and provide for themselves and their families.
Our culture is welcoming, friendly, flexible and we aim to make you always feel included. We welcome applications from individuals who have taken an extended career break or those who are transitioning from different sectors.
To support this we are always open to discussing flexible working arrangements and as we transition to hybrid working we will discuss working patterns or locations that ensure you have the freedom to be your best. It’s what makes Royal London a great place to work.
We believe that being together some of the time will help our colleagues to feel truly connected to our Spirit of Royal London culture. Many of us value the passing conversations, social interactions and building relationships that comes from being together in the office.
Royal London Asset Management (RLAM) was established in 1988 and is a wholly owned and central part of the Royal London Group. Since our inception we have built a reputation as an innovative, high performing fund manager. Our track record and exceptional client service have been recognised with a number of awards. We are proud of the people we employ, the performance we have delivered and the wide-ranging group of clients we manage.
The main purpose of the role is to interpret, input and monitor rules and guidelines for investment mandates and will act as a subject matter expert to the key business stakeholders surrounding Investment Restrictions, Regulations and Guidelines for IMA’s and fund documentation.
- Act as a subject matter expert to the key business stakeholders surrounding Investment Restrictions, Regulations and Guidelines for IMA’s and fund documentation.
- Interpretation of new and/or amendments to client mandates or portfolio prospectuses to enable full and accurate pre and post trade mandate monitoring.
- Ensure investment restrictions, regulations and guidelines are accurately implemented into the monitoring systems (thinkFolio and Murex) in a timely manner.
- Daily Pre and Post Trade Investment monitoring, investigation, resolution, escalation and reporting.
- Review existing investment mandate rules and guidelines on an ongoing basis to ensure accuracy and compliance with latest investment mandate documentation, market practice and any applicable regulations.
- Manage key business relationships with internal and external functions such as Front Office, Operations, Proposition, Distribution, Trustee’s and Depositary’s.
- Engage in client on-boarding activity including; RFPs, Operational Due Diligence Questionnaires and Visits, Query Management, Implementation and Setup.
- Support the Technology and Change teams in the design, testing and implementation of new and/or updates to systems and strategic projects.
- Ensure required regulatory reporting is completed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Established experience within Investment Management
- Investment Management Certificate (IMC) qualified or CFA Level 1 and above.
- Demonstrable knowledge of the regulatory framework across multiple jurisdictions but not limited to UCITS, AIFMD and Money Market Funds.
- A high level of proficiency in the use of advanced Thinkfolio coding techniques including creation of User Categories and User Analytics.
- Post Trade analysis of active and passive breaches, including holding Fund Managers to account for trading action taken
- Experience of engaging with custodians, trustees and other 3rd parties to explain complex processes, procedures and products (e.g. Derivatives)
- Experience of working on large scale rectification projects with hard timelines for delivery.
- Good customer service and approachability.
- Strong consistent attention to detail.
- The ability to work automatously ‘when needed’ including the ability to manage and independently access and prioritise your own work.
- The ability to find solutions under real-time pressure and vocally present to audiences using ‘objective’ facts.
- Good analytical skills with the ability to read Management Information and provide relevant comment on the underlying trend
- VBA, SQL or other similar programming skills
What we offer
- We've always been proud to reward employees by offering a number of benefits such as Pensions and Protection, Performance and role-related benefits, Lifestyle and Wellbeing
- Our culture comes from within, or to put it another way, it comes from our people. It’s what makes Royal London a great place to work.
- Our People Promise is something we live up to every day. We know we can rely on you, and you can expect plenty from us in return.
- Glassdoor have again ranked as among the best places to work in the UK.
We are an equal opportunities employer. We work hard to attract the best talent for our award-winning team. We believe that embracing difference makes us stronger. Our diverse people bring us different skills – whatever their educational background, disability, gender, age, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
In fact, the first pillar of our People Promise is designed to make sure you 'work somewhere inclusive'. We want to live up to this promise; it’s good for our people and good for our customers too, because our workforce should reflect our communities.