We are delighted you are considering Ramboll to reignite your career.
Read on for further details about this role, if you have exact experience or relevant and whether you have been out of the industry for 12 months or 12 years, we urge you to cross that line and submit your CV and covering letter. We Know You, We Are You, We can Help You.
Here at Inclusivity we have specialised in returner programmes for skilled people for over 6 years and our work is to help you transition back into a position and/or industry you have/once had a passion for. With this programme you will also be joining a cohort of other talented and experienced returners. Inclusivity and Ramboll work closely and in partnership to make this happen.
Good luck, and welcome back.
Ramboll have offices in London, Southampton, Bristol, Birmingham, Chester, Manchester, Edinburgh and Glasgow and more. They are open to flexible working over 3, 4 or 5 days across these offices as well as being open to working from home.
About the opportunity
We invite you to bring your expertise and enthusiasm into play as you contribute to innovative and high-quality design solutions. To succeed in this role, you will be project focussed and have solid experience of working in a design capacity with good working knowledge of building services installations and standards.
Your key tasks and responsibilities will be:
- Manage your own project work
- Deliver sustainable design solutions to the required standards and supervise the work of others in this function
- Manage time on projects to suit deadlines and complete your assigned tasks as stipulated by the Ramboll project manager
- Provide financial management of projects or work to the constraints set by others
- Represent Ramboll at external client meetings
- Provide mechanical design expertise for the Birmingham office
The key deliverables over the first 12-24 months for this role will be:
The position will require some work experience with the following starting points:
- Maintain excellent levels of client service and project delivery
- Help to develop and promote Ramboll’s multi-discipline capability in the local market
- Ensure Ramboll Q.A procedures are implemented
- Mentor and develop junior members of the team
Personal qualities that will help you succeed in this role include:
- To be a qualified Engineer having a proven and demonstrable track record in your discipline
- To have a CIBSE / IET / IMechE Engineering Council accredited honours degree, or an HNC in an applicable discipline with commitment to continue with higher education
- To have achieved or working towards IEng or CEng status
- Be accustomed to providing guidance to graduates and technicians, demonstrating your in-depth understanding of design engineering
- Have a proven ability to manage your contribution across a number of projects at any one time
- Be forward thinking and passionate about digital design innovation and ‘smart design’ in an increasingly digitalized construction arena
- Demonstrate competence in tools such as Hevacomp, MagiCad, IES, and Revit
- Ideally you will have experience across different sectors such as Building Services Design, Site surveys & inspections, Snagging, Client & design team meetings
Submit your CV and covering note, be honest about your experience but also tell us what you need from Ramboll to make this amazing opportunity work for you. Remember
- You have impressive interpersonal and client facing skills
- You are an excellent communicator and possess the ability to make what is complicated simple!
- You demonstrate good attention to detail and show pride in the work you produce
- You are able to motivate and inspire confidence both in your peers and clients
- You are able to work using your own initiative with minimal supervision on all technical aspects of your discipline
Closing date 8th October and we interview on a rolling basis so don't wait to submit your application until then.
- they have offices across the UK
- are accepting flexible work requests across 3,4 or 5 days
- and you can work from home
- plus we work with Ramboll to offer you 1:1 coaching and on-going support.