People create the Waters difference. By engaging with our talented and diverse workforce we continuously evolve, develop and improve our products. We believe in delivering innovative technology and system solutions to our valued customers to enable their success.
Would you like to be part of the Product Improvement Team ? We have an amazing opportunity to join the existing, collaborative and knowledgeable team, at the Wilmslow offices on a temporary basis for 1 year of maternity cover.
During this period the role would provide an exciting opportunity to manage a portfolio of Mass Spectrometry (MS)products. The primary focus of the PIM team is to drive continual improvement of of our LCMS Systems throughout their life-cycle via the analysis of field derived data, identifying and facilitating improvement opportunities and monitoring and reporting resulting effectiveness.
The role works hand in hand with the Worldwide Global Services and Field Service Organizations to gain a keen understanding of the issues affecting customer success and delivers benefit by driving product and process improvements.
Reporting into the Global Quality Assurance organisation, the successful candidate will support the successful implementation of new product introductions and manage cross functional teams to resolve any resultant product issues. Interfacing with multiple parts of the broader organisation, this is a great opportunity for an individual to help improve product quality, support our customers and help grow our business whilst growing your knowledge, skills and opportunities within Waters Corporation.
Some of your main duties:
- Analyze, evaluate and present data regarding the field quality of a select product portfolio of Liquid Chromatography products to identify opportunities to improve the product design or manufacturing process
Prioritize and coordinate investigations of field issues, ensuring robust documentation and completion of corrective actions to drive improvement in product quality metrics
Assess the the risk of product issues to determine and implement appropriate containment actions
Define scope and initiate field actions such as customer notifications and retrofits
Collaborate with the Operations team to understand quality issues arising during manufacturing that may cause field quality issues. Analyze, identify impact and work with field supporting functions to mitigate potential risk to field
- Collaborate with the design teams during new product development activities to facilitate the capture of design inputs from post market data back into the design process.
- Engage with the field service organisation to provide feedback on ongoing quality investigations and support for customer quality issues raised
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Bachelors Degree in Science, Engineering, or related technical field or sufficient level of experience.
- Working knowledge of (LC/MS) instrument performance, use, customer experience, construction, and functionality.
- Experience in technical role using Liquid Chromatography / Mass Spectrometry (LC/MS) systems.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and build strong working relationships.
- Ability to work independently across multiple organizations.
- Strong communication & presentation skills
- Will be required to visit customer sites and service meetings, typically no more than 4 weeks per year.
In return you will receive:
- Competitive salary.
- Working flexibly.
- 25 days holidays.
- Excellent family friendly benefits such as attractive employer pension contribution, life assurance, income protection and private medical.
Within Waters, there are opportunities for you to grow, develop and contribute.