An exciting opportunity within the expanding PMO team have become available. We are looking to recruit Project Controllers who will be responsible for the provision of Project Controls support services to Project Managers across a variety of NNL projects, programmes and/or portfolios.
This will include providing general leadership; mentoring and coaching to the local Project Controllers; providing input into development of project plans & associated WBSs, and support to projects on matters including cost estimating, performance data analysis, risk management and project reporting, including earned value (EV).
The location of these roles can be based at any of NNL’s sites in the North West.
- Ensure compliance with all legislative, regulatory and Company procedures and standards e.g. safety, quality, risk and security etc. in the development of project plans.
- Work closely with ‘technical’ capabilities / representatives to identify Customer & internal NNL project deliverables; develop work breakdown structures and detailed resource-loaded project plans.
- Establish and maintain a Basis of Schedule for all schedules produced.
- Through liaison with sub‐contractors and Technical Leads collate periodic delivery performance data; complete updates to resource loaded project plans challenging updates where necessary to ensure robustness of information / feedback and therefore forecast plan.
- Provide progress updates and present as required and in accordance with any prescribed governance frameworks highlighting any risks and opportunities, and key variances as appropriate, and advise on recovery options if project delivery performance is not hitting targets (Schedule/Deliverables/Cost). Providing Earned Value and KPI metrics to inform on the project/portfolio health.
- Assist Project Managers in the development of programme and/or cost estimate information to support any ‘change control’ events, ensuring that all approved requests / events, and the impact of those, are clearly identified in subsequent re-baselined project schedules.
- Monitor critical path activities, and provide trend data (forecasts up to 3, 6 and 12 months look ahead); support to detailed cost and schedule reviews, and prompt and accurate information to the Project Manager and wider PMA leads.
- Provide project outturns against baseline for LFE and knowledge management.
- Contribute to activities surrounding the development of ‘fragnet’ schedules and the maintenance of the NNL Planning database.
- Provide relevant information to support the Risk Management process on projects.
- Provide a comprehensive PMO service in a time managed approach, within the deadlines of the PMO reporting timeline.
- Responsible for providing Planning support to Category 1 – 3 Projects as classified in the PMA classification model.
The Ideal Candidate
- Demonstrable experience of successfully discharging Planning related services on medium – large scale / complex projects planning in engineering environments.
- Demonstrable experience in a Project Controls role
- Professional qualification in APM or equivalent
- Risk Analysis awareness
- Demonstrable experience of successful delivery within PMO
- Good working knowledge and proficient in the use of Microsoft Project EPM, Primavera P6, Agresso and Microsoft Office Suite (or other professional project scheduling software packages).
- Graduate (minimum 2:2) in relevant discipline
- Experience of team / man-management.
- Commercial and Contract awareness
- Experience of utilising project collaboration software, e.g. Sharepoint, Project Webspace, etc.
About The Company
Grounded in robust science and decades of experience, National Nuclear Laboratory (NNL) is the authoritative voice in the UK and beyond for technological development within the nuclear power sector.
Our unparalleled understanding of the science, challenges and opportunities makes us an unrivalled authority and partner in the field, providing experts, technologies, and access to cutting-edge facilities to organisations around the world.
Harnessing potential technologies and translating them into to industry-ready solutions means our pioneering approach spearheads international improvement and technological progress.
We work on projects as small as drilling a hole to analyse underground wastes with our integrated micro drilling technology, or as large as developing state-of-the-art power systems for spacecraft, based on radioactive materials
NNL has a vision for Equality, Diversity and Inclusivity (ED&I) where NNL aims to be an inclusive workplace that attracts diverse talent through transparent and equal policies and procedures. We want you and the diverse mix of people that we employ, customers that we service and stakeholders that we influence to feel valued. We encourage a workplace culture where everyone can thrive with a sense of belonging.