Senior Project Manager
Bishops Cleeve, Cheltenham
£60 per day | Inside IR35
12 month contract
About the role:
Our client is a world-leading provider within the Aviation industry and are currently recruiting for a Project Manager to join their Cheltenham-based location on a 12 month contract basis.
This role is for an experienced Project Manager to deliver our latest solutions from the New Product Introduction (NPI) phase through to full-scale production. Key activities will include working with technical teams to manage plans, scope, finances and risks, engaging with internal and external stakeholders, overseeing delivery to meet timescale, cost and quality requirements.
- To scope, plan and deliver large, and often complex NPI projects as part of a wider customer-driven program to time, cost and quality
- Use industry-established project management practices and techniques for initiation, planning, execution, monitoring & control and closure.
- Use best practice methods for risk and opportunity management, schedule recovery and active scope management to ensure on-time delivery.
- Actively manage a variety of stakeholders including the customer, the business leads and the programme management.
- Identify ways to continuously improve NPI delivery, reducing inefficiency, cost and schedule where possible.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering or technical discipline (hardware knowledge preferred, but not essential), or equivalent relevant job-based learning in project management.
- A recognised professional qualification in project management, e.g. PMI, APM, Prince2.
- Must have held a Lead Engineer or Technical Lead position either within GE or an equivalent business environment.
- Aviation project management experience desirable but not essential
- Proven track-record of successful delivery of a product or service developed in line with NPI, engineering or business lifecycles
- Strong leadership skills. The candidate should have a proven track record in delivering difficult projects, leading and coaching their project team through challenging circumstances.
- Able to perform under pressure. Projects in the aviation industry are often significantly constrained in terms of schedule and cost. The candidate should have experience of managing projects in a similar environment.
- Creative problem solving. The candidate should have experience of solving problems quickly and creatively using the resources available to them as well as seeking new, efficient ways of executing delivery.
- Good interpersonal management skills, both within the project team and upwards to the business. The candidate is expected to manage communication of information related to the project status.
If you are interested in this position, please apply directly to the vacancy and we will be in touch.