Job title - Global Traded Risk Control - Aggregation Analyst
Location - London
Start date - ASAP
Contract - 6 months
Our financial services client is currently seeking an experienced Global Traded Risk Control - Aggregation Analyst to join their Wholesale Credit and Market Risk Team in the London office/remote working, this contract will be until the end of 2021.
The Traded Risk Analyst will report to the Head of Traded Risk Process Aggregation. The role will support the implementation and rollout of a large-scale reconciliation process between Finance and Risk. This is a critical delivery of their control framework and a key topic in the successful delivery of their FRTB Risk program.
The Traded Risk Analyst is a results-driven individual with a deep understanding of risk data, process, analysis and systems who aspires to innovate, improve and embed solutions that enable effective risk management in market and/or traded credit risk.
- Primary point of contact representing Traded Risk Process on all matters concerning the delivery of the Reconciliation process
- Supports Risk Transformation and Risk IT team in the rollout of the new solution
- Develop analysis and reporting tactical solutions
- Support the definition of business requirements for strategic solution implementation.
- Maintain ongoing engagement with the Group Traded Risk Management Team, GRA and Regional Traded Risk Process, Finance and Product Control teams on the advancement of the project.
- Write documentations on the new process (including operating model, Desk instruction manual, policy and governance papers)
- Design a revised process and train resources in our GSC (India) to take over the process once live.
- Comply with regulatory commitments.
- Optimises the control framework of the market risk function
- Acts as a subject matter expert within the team for both onshore and offshore colleagues
- Leads the team through the implementation of new MI for BAU requirements
- Ensures efficiency and accuracy of reporting for market risk managers and the Front Office
- Performs consolidated risk reporting and analysis of risk measures (sVaR, VaR, RNIV, etc) at a group level for internal and external use
- Creates consolidated management committee packs
- Identifies and escalates issues to Risk Management through review and validation of risk data, controls and reporting
Knowledge and Experience:
- University graduate in finance, computer science or any other quantitative related degrees
- Experience working in a risk control/reporting team
- Experienced leader managing a team (onshore and offshore)
- Experience in dealing with many stakeholders across sites and managing expectations
- Experience with analytical reporting, e.g. explanation of a transformation by decomposition
- Detailed knowledge of financial markets, trading business, market risk measures
- Detailed knowledge of risk calculations, systems, VaR Backtesting, IRC, Volcker, RWA reporting and regulatory framework
- Understanding of key risk factors for products, risk sensitivities and how they are measured
- Expert in Microsoft Office
- Ability to deliver change to enhance processes and procedures
- Excellent interpersonal and business analysis skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent presentation skills to brief senior management on topics and summarise key information
- Knowledge of software development tools (VBA, Python, etc)
If you are relevant or interested please don't delay - apply now.