Job Description for Senior Safety Consultant:
This is where your skills play a critical role in keeping everyone safe. Working in Safety, Security & Safeguards gives you the chance to make your mark on some hugely interesting projects. NNL does work that nobody else in the sector is doing, and this means we need experts like you to make it possible, whilst keeping everyone safe. We're committed to using nuclear science to benefit society for years to come. This means that you can build a long and successful career here whilst playing a meaningful role in delivering cleaner energy, reducing waste and keeping colleagues and the public out of harm's way.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, talented Senior Safety Consultant who is experienced in the production of radiological safety assessments to join our team and helps us deliver some of the UKs most cutting-edge nuclear projects. NNL are at the forefront of nuclear research & development in the UK and beyond with a wide range of projects that require creative safety support. If you are able to show a track record of leading the technical delivery of projects, the ability to work as part of a team to deliver the right safety case for the project, and have the integrity to ensure that the outcome is safe and fit for purpose then a role in NNL might be right for you.
The team you will join is a dedicated, hard-working group who are passionate about the work they do. We support working flexibly, can accommodate homeworking and can be flexible about location, although some travel will be necessary, to support business needs.
Main Responsibilities for Senior Safety Consultant:
- You can provide expert knowledge of radiological safety assessment because you are up to date with developments in methodology and approach.
- You can lead technical delivery of radiological safety assessments.
- You are experienced in providing SQEP safety support to multi-disciplinary teams addressing safety challenges, including support and development of junior colleagues.
- You can manage and maintain the relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- You can provide support to bids for new work.
- You will use your creativity and initiative to develop new capabilities through innovative approaches including the technical lead on complex R&D projects and submissions.
- You will be interested in developing team skills for radiological safety through mentoring and supervision. You can design and deliver specialist Radiological safety training within the team and across NNL.
- You have membership of relevant national industry group(s).
Essential Criteria for Senior Safety Consultant:
- Degree qualified or equivalent level of demonstrable technical capability.
- Extensive experience in production of Radiological safety assessments across a variety of projects.
- Excellent level of knowledge in the specialised field of Radiological safety assessment.
- Proven ability to act independently, under own initiative, while supervising other members of the team.
- Strong communication skills, including multi-site working.
- Excellent teamworking skills, with ability to inspire the work of a team.
- Ability to obtain SC level security clearance (this includes but is not limited to identity, employment, financial and criminal record checks plus 5 years' worth of UK residency).
Desirable Criteria for Senior Safety Consultant:
- Detailed knowledge of advanced assessment techniques.
- Experienced in mentoring and developing technical skills.
- Preferably Chartered Membership of a professional institution.
- Excellent networking skills, maintaining network across the Radiological field nationally.