This is a great opportunity to come and join our state of the art facility at Wilmslow, which is at the heart of the worlds mass spectrometry development!
In Waters, the Informatics group produce software that is used by people worldwide for specialist measurement and scientific analysis. We are currently seeking an Experienced Full-Stack Senior Software Developer to work in one of our development teams.
You'll play a key role in developing software which makes a real impact to peoples lives whether its developing Covid Tests and vaccines; helping scientists detect cancer; ensuring food safety or helping scientists develop biodegradable plastics – your work delivers benefit!
We work in a collaborative, agile environment, where team members are empowered to innovate and continually improve. We believe strongly in the value of personal development, and provide support and dedicated time for our people to pursue this.
As a Full Stack Senior Software Developer, you would be part of the Waters Informatics group producing software that is used by people worldwide for specialist measurement and scientific analysis. Your main responsibilities would include:
- Software development across our technology stack
- Working collaboratively as part of a cross discipline agile team to deliver software increments for Informatics applications
- Contributing to team and project continuous improvement activities
- Contributing to continuous integration and delivery frameworks and approaches
- Continual learning, to stay up-to-date with the latest techniques and technologies in software development
What will make you a successful Full Stack Senior Software Developer at Waters:
- Knowledge and experience as a full stack software developer, ideally with exposure to elements such as:
- Knowledge and application of software engineering practices (e.g. Unit testing, TDD, CI/CD, SOLID, BDD etc.).
- Proven ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to analyse and solve problems.
- Excellent communication and team working skills.
The following criteria are desirable, but are not essential since training will be provided for you:
- Agile software development for iterative product delivery
- Continuous delivery, with pipelines implemented in Docker, Linux & Gradle
- Behaviour Driven Development (BDD), with Gherkin & SpecFlow
- Atlassian Jira, Bamboo, Confluence & JFrog Artifactory
- Software security implementation (e.g. OWASP, PKI, X509 Certificates, TLS)
- Software development for regulated environments (e.g. IVD / Medical devices)
In return you will receive:
- A plan for your personal development in your own area of specialism, pursuing this with the support of your manager to undertake the training and learning to progress.
- Flexible working hours and hybrid remote working
- Competitive salary
- 25 days annual leave
- Private health and dental insurance
- Contributory based pension scheme
- Subsidized membership of onsite gym
- EAP (Employee Assistance Program)