Senior Software Engineer - Digital ProductTech - London
Are you excited about building products in cross-functional teams to deliver a best-in-class user experience?
Do you want to help reduce the friction between searching for a holiday and booking one, giving users the ability to search by what they want to do - as well as where they want to go - matching them with the best deals on the market?
The loveholidays flexible search experience removes traditional constraints, enabling users to discover great holidays based on the criteria they choose, which is even more important in the contemporary travel landscape. Results can be filtered by star rating, facilities, TripAdvisor rating or even average temperature; shifting the focus from destination to experience.Senior Software Engineer - Digital Product Responsibilities:
A few of the technologies we employ:
- Work on our brand new Rust experimentation platform that performs in microseconds at the Fastly Edge.
- Figure out how we create complex, customisable and data-driven landing pages that our teams can build on our new headless CMS.
- Integrate our DialogFlow chatbots into our brand new mobile application and see how customers interact with them.
- Figure out how to create seamless integrations between our Design System and Figma to empower designers and engineers.
- Contribute back to open source projects as we push the boundaries of performance in our web applications.
- Build out our new session store and accounts system to build a more personalised experience for customers.
- You are someone that is keen to deepen your skills in all of the above and expand even further in your engineering career. Tech stacks are always subject to change and we hope you can influence the future of loveholidays.
Senior Software Engineer - Digital Product Requirements:
Engineering at loveholidays:
- You’re excited about building products in cross-functional teams to deliver a best-in-class user experience to consumers
- You are interested in scalability and performance, addressing them by employing cutting edge algorithms, software design and technologies
- You want to have an even deeper understanding of web applications and the surrounding ecosystem
- You are passionate about UX, performance, accessibility and experimentation that is driven by data
- You like business problems over technology and are pragmatic about your choices
- You have a constant interest to learn more and want to grow in your career - we support our engineers by providing them with a platform and pathway to take control of their own growth.
Our teams are built around products and problems - not projects. We don't bucket engineers to one specific role and look for people that are curious and want to explore the stack that powers loveholidays. Driven by data, we experiment daily and come up with new and innovative ways of building a better experience for our customers.What we’ll give back to you:
- Heavily discounted holidays for you, your family and friends
- Clear career pathways
- The opportunity to work with an amazing, engaged team of people
- A high degree of autonomy in a strong collaborative environment
- A Covid-secure office space with breakout areas and lots of natural sunlight
- 25 days of annual leave + bank holidays
- Discounted gym membership at Virgin Active (located in our building)
- Friday afternoon drinks to celebrate another week of productivity.
To register your interest, click “apply” to quickly and easily share your CV with us. We promise to respond to all applications quickly.
Or, know someone who would be a perfect fit? Let them know!About loveholidays:
All loveholidays employees are eligible for heavily discounted holidays, enjoy market-benchmarked salary packages and flexible working options.Location:
Permanent, Full Time,Salary:
You may have experience of the following: Senior Software Developer, Senior .Net Developer, Lead .Net Developer, Lead Developer, Software Engineer, Technical Lead, Senior Software Engineer, Senior Web Developer, Programmer, Software Developer, Developer, C#, Linux, Agile, etc.
Ref: 102 553