We are delighted you are considering Ramboll to reignite your career. Have you read the Ramboll Return to Work programme landing page on our site? It provides all the return to work programme details you should know.
Read on for further details about this role, if you have exact experience or relevant and whether you have been out of the industry for 12 months or 12 years, we urge you to cross that line and submit your CV and covering letter. We Know You, We Are You, We can Help You.
Here at Inclusivity we have specialised in returner programmes for skilled people for over 6 years and our work is to help you transition back into a position and/or industry you have/once had a passion for. With this programme you will also be joining a cohort of other talented and experienced returners. Inclusivity and Ramboll work closely and in partnership to make this happen.
Good luck, and welcome back.
Ramboll have offices in London, Southampton, Birmingham, Bristol, Chester Manchester, Edinburgh and Glasgow and more. They are open to flexible working over 3, 4 or 5 days across these offices as well as being open to working from home.
About this opportunity
We invite you to bring your creativity into play and become part of our team delivering structural engineering on some of the most exciting projects around. We are interested in hearing from you if you have a passion for design, sustainability and creative re-use of buildings. If you crave a challenging role but need flexibility and work life balance our new Senior Structural Engineer position may be ideal for you. We are very interested in talking to people who are looking for a new challenge or may be on a career break and are thinking about returning to consultancy.
Your key tasks and responsibilities will be:
Your key deliverables:
- Develop and agree structural concepts and design philosophies
- Inspire and enthuse the engineers and technicians on your projects
- Liaise with clients and collaborators, representing Ramboll at project meetings
- Take ownership as day to day lead on a project or part of a project
The position will require some work experience with the following starting points:
- Grow and maintain a network of contacts and be a great ambassador for Ramboll
- Take an active part in helping us meet our goals and aspirations, which include Projects we are proud of, Sustainability, Digital Design, Team Culture, Learning and Knowledge and Work Winning.
Personal qualities that will help you succeed in this role include:
- Chartered with the IStructE, ICE or international equivalent
- An excellent communicator capable of explaining complex engineering principles in plain language, verbally, in writing and through sketching
- A track record of working on projects with high levels of design, sustainability or re-use of existing assets
- Experience in the design of the primary construction materials (steel, concrete, timber) and have a good general knowledge of building construction - experience of MMC would be beneficial.
- A passion for sustainable solutions
- A multidisciplinary mindset and an aptitude for learning about the wider aspects of building design
Submit your CV and covering note, be honest about your experience but also tell us what you need from Ramboll to make this amazing opportunity work for you. Remember:
- Great with people
- Diverse in your outlook and with something different to bring to the table
- A curiosity to explore – ‘is there a better way to do this’
- Happy to ask questions and to answer them!
- Willingness to take responsibility for your projects
Closing date 8th October and we interview on a rolling basis so don't wait to submit your application until then.
- they have offices across the UK
- are accepting flexible work requests across 3,4 or 5 days
- and you can work from home
- plus we work with Ramboll to offer you 1:1 coaching and on-going support.