Senior Support Worker (6 month fixed term)Join before 30th September 2021 to receive a bonus of £1000
Are you currently a Support Worker looking to move into a Senior Support Worker position? Are you interested in a career where you will make a real difference to young people’s lives? Do you understand the challenges which young people face in daily life? Maybe a career with Care in Mind is for you?
Care in Mind provide residential services for young people aged 16-25 years old who have been discharged from psychiatric inpatient stays or may have experienced previous admissions and/or placement breakdowns. The young people we care for often require a high level of support and dynamic approach to risk management in order to support problems they may have with self-harming, behaviour and emotional regulation. Our aim is to support the young people using a therapeutic, least restrictive approach to live in a non-secure community setting and to achieve their individual goals in preparation for transition to adult life.
We are currently looking for a Senior Support Worker, or an experienced Support Worker looking to develop into a senior post. You support the Deputy and Residential Manager in supervising a team of staff with the aim to help our young people move into independent living in the future.
You will be based within our residential home in Neston working shifts over a 37.5 hour working week, consisting of earlies, lates, sleep ins & nights when required to support the service. Flexibility will be required.Company Benefits
Your role as a Senior Support Worker
- Competitive pay (£10.77 p/h + £1000 Welcome Bonus paid over 5 months)
- £100 bonus after completing 6-month probation
- 22 days holiday + 8 bank holidays (Rising to 27 days holiday plus bank holidays with service)
- Excellent Learning and Development opportunities (NVQ Level 3 in Adult Health & Social Care)
- Enhanced company pension
- Life Assurance (2 x annual salary)
- Enhanced maternity/paternity leave
- Paid Induction (Running over 3 days)
- Free on-site parking
- Paid Enhanced DBS check
- Healthcare Cashplan with costs provided towards dental and optical care and a range of other healthcare treatments and benefits including discounted gym memberships
- Access to our 24-hour Wellbeing Support Portal/ Employee Assistance Programme
- Online shopping discounts, free eye tests and various other benefits
- The opportunity for internal promotions & progression
- Refer a Friend Scheme (Up to £1000 per referral)
- Regular social events and recognition schemes (‘Employee of the year awards’, Summer & Christmas parties)
Requirements of a Senior Support Worker
- To carry out direct and indirect care of young people with complex mental health needs
- To work in a team, giving the highest standard of care possible to the young people.
- To work alongside the Deputy and Residential Manager to support with the management of staff
- and smooth running of the home
- To closely follow individual care plans and support young people with education, shopping, and social and leisure activities.
- To carry out multiple interventions involving the delivery of care to young people
- To promote independence amongst the young people
- To provide support, advice and information to the young people, parents and other carers
- To carry out further duties as per our attached document (Writing reports, general office admin etc)
- NVQ Level 2 qualification or equivalent within Care
- Flexibility - Your role will involve working shifts including sleep ins/weekends/Bank Holidays
- Good verbal communication skills and the ability to listen to others
- Good written skills and the ability to write basic reports and record information accurately
- IT Literate (Able to write emails and use Microsoft Office)
- An understanding of the issues around confidentiality
- An understanding of safeguarding
- Professional working boundaries between staff and service users
- Ability to remain calm in emergencies, supporting others during difficult situations
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Previous experience of working with young people who have mental health needs
If you are interested in joining an enthusiastic, motivated business who thrive in developing and rebuilding young people and young adults with complex difficulties then please apply today.
Please note that we do not accept CV’s and the application must be completed in full.
To support our commitment as a COVID-19 Secure employer, all of our interviews will be held over video platform.
Care in Mind operates a safer recruitment process and as part of this process the successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
We are an equal opportunities employer who values diversity and positively encourages applications of all ages from all sections of the community.
We reserve the right to close the advert early, should we appoint a suitable candidate.
Care in Mind is a CQC registered organisation and therefore all staff who work in or visit any of our residential homes will have to demonstrate evidence that they have received the COVID vaccination as a condition of employment.