Senior Support Worker - Young People
Senior Support Worker, Young People
£20,599.13 - £22,772.32 (Depending on experience)
Full and part time opportunities available
At Care in Mind our homes are always a hub of activity and energy where the young people can feel safe, and our staff enjoy coming to work. Your role will involve working alongside, and supporting the Deputy and Registered Manager in supervising a team of staff, as well as working with our young people to promote independence through support with education, household tasks and general life skills. You will also assist them with everyday life skills including shopping, building positive relationships, and going on holidays. We always encourage our young people and staff to bring their hobbies and knowledge into the home whether this be knitting, fitness, cooking or even singing so there is never a dull moment. Part of the role will be managing various levels of self-harm using a least restrictive approach, so you will require a high level of resilience and have a caring, compassionate nature. You will also update online care records and complete medication administration. In addition, you will be responsible for the general upkeep and tidiness of the home ensuring the young people live in homely environment.
Experience as a Support Worker, or a Senior Support Worker is required, and you will also receive full training and ongoing support & mentoring from our friendly residential and clinical team.
The job is highly rewarding which will enhance your previous experience of mental health with the opportunity for excellent career development.Company Benefits
Essential Requirements of a Senior Support Worker
- A £100 bonus after completing 6-month probation
- Refer a Friend Scheme (Up to £500 per referral)
- 30 days holiday (Rising to 35 days with service including bank holidays)
- Excellent Learning and Development opportunities (NVQ Level 3 in Adult Health & Social Care)
- Healthcare CashPlan with costs provided towards dental and optical care and a range of other healthcare treatments and benefits including discounted gym memberships, online shopping discounts, free eye tests and various other benefits
- Paid Training & Induction
- Enhanced company pension
- Life Assurance (2 x annual salary)
- Free parking available and good direct transport links
- Enhanced maternity/paternity leave
- Paid Enhanced DBS check
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme/24-hour Counselling Service
- Regular social events and recognition schemes (Employee of the year awards, Summer & Christmas parties)
Desirable Criteria of a Senior Support Worker
- NVQ Level 2 qualification or equivalent within Care
- Flexibility - Your role will involve working shifts including sleep ins/weekends/Bank Holidays
- Must be able to attend training throughout employment which will be held on weekdays
- Good written skills and the ability to write basic reports and record information accurately
- Basic IT skills (Your role will involve some computer work, completing forms, using an online care system, and writing emails)
- Good verbal communication skills and the ability to listen to others
- An understanding of the issues around confidentiality
- An understanding of safeguarding
- A professional working boundary between staff and service users
- Ability to remain calm in emergencies, supporting others during difficult situations
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Previous experience of working with young people who have mental health needs
Fancy the challenge? Apply with us today!
Want to see what some of our young people and staff think? Please visit our websiteAdditional Information
You will work in a COVID secure environment as all our staff are required to be fully vaccinated by 11th November 2021.
Please note that we do not accept CV’s and the application must be completed in full.
Care in Mind operates a safer recruitment process and as part of this process the successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
We are an equal opportunities employer who values diversity and positively encourages applications of all ages from all sections of the community.
We reserve the right to close the advert early, should we appoint a suitable candidate.
Ref: 105 037