We have an opportunity for an experienced Senior Underwriter to join our successful team. You will actively participate in team activity ensuring the production of Renewal & Mid term amendment quotations in line with Underwriting guides, Service Level Agreements & within business operating standards. Using your experience, you will be responsible for achieving retention targets across a range of insurance products and motivating others to do the same. Ensuring technical compliance and maintaining broker and Insurance partner relationships. The provision of excellence in service and TCF through adherence to company procedures and regulatory requirementsResponsibilities:
You must have;
- To prepare and provide Renewal and MTA quotations to Broker Partners based on personal authority limitations
- Instigate regular dialogue with Broker Partners on allocated renewals to secure renewal instruction and achieve individual & collective targets
- Provide accurate and compliant Renewals and mid-term adjustments in line with pricing levels, risk selection criteria and ensure that income & conversion objectives are achieved
- To oversee all administrative duties required in connection to the above which includes but is not limited to, processing & administering policy documentation, initiating & monitoring surveys, mid-term adjustments, renewal review & negotiation & claims monitoring.
- Achieve individual income target from renewal allocation.
- Contribute to the wider achievement of team and business unit targets by delivering on all monthly KPIs
- Maintain accurate and detailed records of all customer contact and ensure the delivery of high-quality service, appropriate to needs of Broker or Insurer needs.
- Experience of working within a Regulated FCA environment
- Proven understanding of commercial Existing business underwriting
- Good history of achieving Existing Business objectives
- Ability to demonstrate a working knowledge of CUA wordings and products.
- Good technical knowledge of commercial business, including commercial combined and property classes.
- Understanding of the Broker market & ability to develop effective broker relationships
As well as a competitive salary we offer the following benefits -
- Competitive holiday allowance with the annual option to buy additional days
- Death in Service benefit of x4 salary
- Company pension scheme
- Very generous maternity and paternity leave packages
- A flexible benefits package which allows you to add additional benefits to your overall package
- Our benefits portal offers discounts on technology & electronics, cinemas, restaurants, days out, mortgage advice, travel and many more
- Referral schemes
- Discounted rates on PIB products
- We offer a first-class employee benefits and welfare package to support our employees with financial management, cycle to work scheme, counselling support, health screening, will writing, menopause support, books, stopping smoking and much more
- We also offer a wide range of discounts including a kids pass – giving you discount to over 4500 attractions and activities, discounts at hairdressers and beauticians, climate change projects with lots of other options to choose
- An experienced Learning & Development department to offer study support to enhance your career with us with access to free online courses on top
- Being a part of our PIB Community Trust, we support fundraising where you can apply for grants from PIB Group towards your chosen charity
We are proud of our success and growth and have been recognised for many industry awards across our business. If you wish to work for a company that truly puts people at the heart of their organisation, then we would love to hear from you. Our employee’s success isn’t measured on time spent in the office, so please talk to us about your flexible working needs. We have many sites across the UK and have colleagues who work from home some of the time and work in one of our offices for part of the week. We would love to hear from you if you want to hear more about opportunities in PIB.
We are an equal opportunities employer, committed to hiring a diverse and inclusive workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, gender, religion, disability, age, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Ref: 133 652