We are recruiting for a Sitecore Developer to join our team. This role will be a key part of the Marketing team and therefore you will be responsible for, supporting and maintaining all Thistle websites and any other change/projects within Thistle as required.
For the role of a Front End Sitecore Developer the successful candidate will create new components for the CMS, analyse and fix defects in existing software and respond to issues and requests. This role would suit someone who enjoys problem solving and root cause analysis skills who can offer a detailed approach and support big projects.
Ideally this role will be based in our Gloucester office, however, our employee's success isn't measured on time spent in the office, so please talk to us about your flexible working needs.You will be responsible for
- Working within the marketing team to plan and develop site content, style, functionality, and layout
- Collaborating with the group web development team on programming requirements
- Ensure all code is optimized for SEO, clean and well documented
- Log and maintain issues via agile dashboard
- Collaborating with team on projects and change
- Must be experienced and have a development background with proven credentials in Sitecore project development/deployment. (Minimum v8)
- Must be a self-starter, able to proactively work with internal stakeholders to get up to speed on projects with minimal oversight. Successful applicant will be involved in the full life cycle of projects, including estimating, scoping, and specification.
- Commercial experience developing Sitecore based web applications and strong .NET core knowledge.
- An extensive array of experience with C#, .NET Core and ASP.NET MVC
- Excellent analytical/problem-solving skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to meet deadlines, identify issues and resolve with minimal direction
- A good understanding of the QA processes
- Ability to accurately estimate work effort for the proposed project
- Working understanding of sprint-based agile projects
- Able to ascertain business requirements (security, integration, redundancy) and design the compliant Sitecore platform/solution architecture
- Sound knowledge in HTML and CSS
- Familiar with UI layouts, SASS, Bootstrap and Scriban.
- Experience debugging issues
- Working in an Agile environment
A good understanding of the platform infrastructure. (e.g. Azure Cloud, AWS, WAF)Further informationAs well as a competitive salary we offer the following benefits -
- Competitive holiday allowance with the annual option to buy additional days
- Death in Service benefit of x4 salary
- Company pension scheme
- Very generous maternity and paternity leave packages
- A flexible benefits package which allows you to add additional benefits to your overall package
- Our benefits portal offers discounts on technology & electronics, cinemas, restaurants, days out, mortgage advice, travel and many more
- Referral schemes
- Discounted rates on PIB products
- We offer a first-class employee benefits and welfare package to support our employees with financial management, cycle to work scheme, counselling support, health screening, will writing, menopause support, books, stopping smoking and much more
- We also offer a wide range of discounts including a kids pass - giving you discount to over 4500 attractions and activities, discounts at hairdressers and beauticians, climate change projects with lots of other options to choose
- PIB has a comprehensive learning & development framework, including professional study options and apprenticeships which are available to all employees, and which will support your career development
- Being a part of our PIB Community Trust, we support fundraising where you can apply for grants from PIB Group towards your chosen charity
- PIB Group are committed to improving their environmental impact in a responsible way. From the individual actions that our colleagues take every day through to installing the right facilities across our premises, there are many measures in place to help reduce PIB's carbon footprint.
We are proud of our success and growth and have been recognised for many industry awards across our business. If you wish to work for a company that truly puts people at the heart of their organisation, then we would love to hear from you. PIB operates a flexible working policy, and our management teams will talk to you about how that would meet both your flexible working needs and those of the business and role you are applying for. We would love to hear from you if you want to hear more about opportunities in PIB.
We are an equal opportunities employer, committed to hiring a diverse and inclusive workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, gender, religion, disability, age, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Ref: 134 939