Speech and Language Therapist
Hours: 40 hours per week
Base: Broughton House
Do you have an interest in working with people who have autism and enjoy making a difference?
Do you enjoy working within community-based care and be fully integrated into supporting people in all aspects of their lives? If so, this post is for you.
Applications are welcomed from Newly Qualified SLTs graduating in 2021. You will enter our Band 6 development scheme to advance your career pathway to becoming a Specialist SLT on completion of your RCSLT competencies.
We are looking for a dedicated, caring individual to join the company as a Speech and Language Therapist at Broughton House and the surrounding community houses.
About the locations…
Broughton House is a specialist residential service for autistic people. The Speech and Language Therapy service support a further 4 community homes; Pines, Elston, Beeches, Birches. All services cater for autistic people who may present with behaviours that challenge. We aim to provide a safe, comfortable and effective care environment for those in our care, promoting independence and community integration. Receiving support from two Speech and Language Therapy Assistants, three qualified SLTs oversee and manage referrals within all the locations.
About the job role:
As a Speech and Language Therapist, you have a unique opportunity to deliver an evidence-based SLT service to meet the needs of the complex client group within two residential settings. Working as part of a multi-disciplinary team, you will use your skills to assess, advise and intervene with the aim of promoting functional communication systems and optimal independence. You will be able to train others, promote good practice and maintain a successful total communication environment.
We are looking for a Speech and Language Therapist with:
- Placement experience in the field of Learning Disabilities including Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Understanding of Positive Behaviour Support with an emphasis on person-centred planning.
- Evidence of being a strong team player with a genuine desire to help others
- Knowledge of key national legislation and guidance for learning disability practices.
- Enthusiasm, motivation and passion
In return we offer:
- Excellent Clinical Supervision, CPD and developmental opportunities for clinical and non-clinical duties
- Full support from an onsite multidisciplinary team
- Working alongside 2 SLTs and 2 assistants within the immediate team and access to over 50 SLTs at Cygnet.
- Accelerated support with NQP framework
- Routine service meetings
- CPD and Developmental opportunities
- Meal provision on duty
- Company pension and reward scheme including NHS discounts and much more!
- The ability to be flexible within your hours
You will be accountable to the Director of Speech and Language Therapy and the onsite service manager at Broughton House for line management.
You will receive clinical supervision from the onsite Speech and Language Therapist.
Full induction training is given. You will also gain experience from some of the most dedicated and inspirational people in our profession and just like our service users, you'll be learning all the time through our ongoing mentoring and support.
Successful candidates will need to meet the person specification in order to be offered this post.
All candidates will be subject to an enhanced DBS check and reference checks.
Are you ready for your new career?
Let us help you get the right foundations for your career- Apply now.
Jobs MUST be applied for by clicking here
Please note this position may close early on receipt of sufficient applications.