Speech and Language Therapist
Are you a SLT who would like to explore a rewarding clinical challenge working in community based care with people with learning disabilities?
Applications are welcomed from Newly Qualified SLTs graduating in 2021.
You will enter our Band 6 development scheme and advance your career pathway to becoming a Specialist SLT on completion of your RCSLT competencies.
Join our supportive, friendly team working across the North East region.
The post will support a residential caseload in a cluster of homes.
Clinical supervision will be received from a highly specialist SLT working in the same homes.
As a Speech and Language Therapist, you will have a unique opportunity to develop and deliver an evidence-based SLT service to meet the needs of the complex client group within LD residential settings.
Working as part of a multi-disciplinary team, you'll use your expert skills to assess, advise and intervene with the aim of promoting functional communication systems and optimal independence. You will be able to train others, promote good practice and maintain a successful total communication environment. You will be accountable to a Highly Specialist Speech and Language Therapist and an allocated Service Manager. Postgraduate qualification in the management of dysphagia is desirable but we can support you with your training when you complete you probation.
We are looking for a Speech and Language Therapist with:
- Placement experience or strong interest in the field of Learning Disabilities including Autism Spectrum Disorders and Mental Health Conditions.
- Understanding of Positive Behaviour Support with an emphasis on person-centred planning.
- Knowledge of key national legislation and guidance for learning disability practices.
- Evidence of being a strong team player with a genuine desire to help others
- Ability to be proactive and work flexibly in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
5 reasons why you should make an application today…
- We display a high level of care to all our service users and staff.
- We offer extensive career progression and support your development and skills.
- You will be a part of a service that supports inpatient and residential homes giving diversity to your role.
- We have a national network of over 50 SLTs at Cygnet within different specialisms including Forensic Practice, LD and ASD, Acute mental health, Neuropsychiatry and inpatient CAMHS.
- We work with low caseload number to support intensive SLT focused interventions and to support your Personal Development Plan.
In return we offer:
- An immediate peer network in the North East consisting of 4 SLTs.
- Excellent Clinical Supervision, CPD and developmental opportunities for clinical and non-clinical duties
- Full support from an onsite multidisciplinary team
- Routine service meetings with Cygnet Speech and Language Therapists.
- CPD and Developmental opportunities
- Meal provision on duty
- A comprehensive employee assistance programme and discount centre including NHS discounts.
Full induction training is given and you will receive supervision from a Highly Specialist SLT working with the same caseload in the region.
You must be a Health & Care Professions Council (HCPC) registered SLT. Please note: successful candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
Are you ready for a new and rewarding opportunity? Please apply now -
Job MUST be applied for by clicking here