We are delighted you are considering Ramboll to reignite your career. Have you read the Ramboll Return to Work programme landing page on our site? It provides all the return to work programme details you should know.
Read on for further details about this role, if you have exact experience or relevant and whether you have been out of the industry for 12 months or 12 years, we urge you to cross that line and submit your CV and covering letter. We Know You, We Are You, We can Help You.
Here at Inclusivity we have specialised in returner programmes for skilled people for over 6 years and our work is to help you transition back into a position and/or industry you have/once had a passion for. With this programme you will also be joining a cohort of other talented and experienced returners. Inclusivity and Ramboll work closely and in partnership to make this happen.
Good luck, and welcome back.
Ramboll have offices in London, Southampton, Birmingham, Chester, Bristol, Manchester, Edinburgh and Glasgow and more. They are open to flexible working over 3, 4 or 5 days across these offices as well as being open to working from home.
About this Opportunity
As a Steel Engineer you will be part of Ramboll’s Offshore Wind team consisting of over 175 professionals. Having completed the detailed design of over 60 offshore wind farms, you will join a team with a wealth of experience to draw upon and learn from. Ramboll has multiple offices throughout the UK and is open to location for this opportunity.
What you will be doing
You will work with a team to design secondary steel structures such as internal/external platforms, boat landings, access arrangements, anode cages and various advanced steel details, working closely with other engineers and CAD technicians to deliver innovative and efficient designs to mee Client’s needs
• Ensuring designs are prepared to fulfil the latest health and safety requirements accounting for the full life cycle of the structure from fabrication through to decommissioning
• Undertaking quality assurance of calculations and deliverables
• Contributing to internal development activities to continuously improve and optimise our designs
• Depending on your project role, leading a team of secondary steel engineers and CAD technicians to deliver high quality secondary steelwork designs optimised for the full life cycle of the structure
Prior to your career break it is likely you have some (don't need all!) of the following experience
A degree in civil, structural or mechanical engineering
• A track record applying your understanding of structural engineering principals, design standard requirements and the fabrication/construction process to produce efficient designs
• A good knowledge and understanding of 3D CAD and structural models
• Proven experience working with other engineers and CAD technicians to deliver a fully coordinated design
• Good communication skills in English and experience coordinating designs with other disciplines and other stakeholders both in person and remotely
• A good understanding of the offshore renewables industry and preferably experience designing offshore structures
• Preferably chartered or soon to be chartered with a recognised institution
We look forward to receiving your application!
Submit your CV and covering note, be honest about your experience but also tell us what you need from Ramboll to make this amazing opportunity work for you. Remember
Closing date 8th October and we interview on a rolling basis so don't wait to submit your application until then.
- they have offices across the UK
- are accepting flexible work requests across 3,4 or 5 days
- and you can work from home
- plus we work with Ramboll to offer you 1:1 coaching and on-going support.