We have an exciting opportunity for a SPAR Store Manager who is motivated, friendly, hands-on and passionate about their store offering excellent service and standards to our customers. Reporting directly to the Area Manager, you will deliver maximum sales and profit through the continuous improvement of the store and staff, whilst delivering great Key Performance Indicator (KPI) results.
Store Manager Responsibilities:
Store Manager Requirements:
- To deliver customer service in line with SPARkling Service standards
- To be fully aware of Key Result Areas and assist in working to deliver and improve them
- To generate ideas for driving the business and it’s team forward
- To monitor competitor activity and propose appropriate responses
- To develop a motivated and empowered team through a positive management style
- Staff recruitment, planning and training
- To use relevant processes and policies to control the security of people, stock and cash
- To ensure compliance with the relevant legislation and health and food safety responsibilities as defined in the induction and period training
What's in it for you?
- Previous experience at managerial level in a food retail environment (or similar) essential
- Ability to ensure scheduled training and development delivered to required standard is essential
- An understanding of budgets & targets and the ability to work to deliver and improve them essential
- Basic knowledge of health and food safety and legislative responsibilities of a retail environment and the skill to manage those responsibilities essential
- Develop your skills and capability in a highly supportive and multi-diverse culture
- Outstanding Training & Development
- Gain hands-on experience in a high volume, fast paced convenience store
- Generous staff discount
- Proactive promotion of internal candidates
- Paid Breaks
- Free Tea & Coffee
- Excellent benefits package including:
- Early access to your pay through ‘EarlyPay’
- 24/7 access to your payslips and Rotas via HR/Payroll portal
- 10% Staff Discount in our SPAR stores
- Access to our colleague benefits scheme which offers a wide range of high street retail, holiday & leisure discounts
- Company Life Insurance worth 1 x Annual Salary and 6 x Annual Salary with Company Pension Scheme
- Company Pension Scheme
- NEST pension scheme
- Extra Holidays - Purchase Scheme
- Cycle to work - Bicycle purchase scheme
- Long Service Awards (e.g. 25 years service is £500 in vouchers and extra 4 weeks paid leave)
A.F. Blakemore & Son Ltd is the 60th largest privately owned company in the UK. This forward thinking family-owned business began life in 1917 as a counter-service grocery store, and has grown from these humble beginnings into a company that now owns 280 SPAR Convenience Stores and employs more than 7,500 people with a turnover in excess of £1 billion. As one of the largest convenience retailers in the UK, we are always looking for innovative ways to create a point of difference. Our stores offer a wide range of food-to-go options, including; Food To Go and Daily Deli as well as a number of franchise partners to increase the choice available to customers such as Subway & Greggs.
Full Time, 40 per week. Flexible shift patterns. 2x early shifts, 2x mid shifts and 1x late shift.
£28,000 - £30,000 p/a, with a potential bonus of £10,400 p/a
You may have experience of the following: Retail Manager, Retail, Convenience, FMCG, Grocery Manager, Supermarket, Food, Retail Management, Business Development, Food Service, Convenience Store, Store Manager, Retail Manager, Branch Manager, etc.
Ref: 133 843