Location: Llangollen, North Wales
Salary: £27,500 p/a pro rata for part-time, plus the potential to earn a bonus of up to £7,800, plus an excellent benefits package.
Contract Type: Permanent Full-time/part-time / job share up to 40 hours per week including evenings and weekends.
Hours: Full Time / Part Time, Job Share, up to 40 hours per week
Benefits: Bonus Scheme, Company Sick Pay, Additional Holidays, Company Pension Scheme, Life Cover, Staff Discount, Long Service Awards, Cycle Work Scheme, Employee Volunteering opportunities, Health Cash Plan
Closing date for applications: 5th March, 2024
Are you a dynamic and experienced leader ready to take the reins at our award-winning Llangollen store? We are currently seeking a talented Store Manager to drive success and growth in this pivotal role.
We are a dynamic and innovative retail, wholesale and food service business, committed to delivering exceptional customer experiences and staying at the forefront of industry trends.
Reporting to the Area Manager the Store Manager will be driving growth within the company-owned Llangollen store. This key role requires an experienced individual who can effectively engage with colleagues and customers, collaborate closely with the Area Manager to align operational strategies with company objectives and foster a positive and empowering work environment that reflects the company's values.
• Recruit, train, and develop a high-performing team dedicated to delivering exceptional customer service.
• Foster a positive and collaborative work environment, encouraging teamwork and a strong sense of community within the store.
• Celebrate colleague successes.
• Ensure smooth day-to-day operations, including inventory management, merchandising, and stock control.
• Implement and uphold visual merchandising standards to enhance the overall shopping experience.
• Build and maintain strong relationships with customers, understanding their needs and preferences.
• Implement customer service strategies to enhance satisfaction and loyalty.
Sales and Performance:
• Set and achieve sales targets, actively driving initiatives to increase revenue and profitability.
• Analyse sales reports and trends to identify opportunities for improvement.
• Actively participate in local community events and initiatives to strengthen the store's ties with the community.
• Seek out partnerships and collaborations that contribute to the overall well-being of Llangollen.
• Manage budgets, expenses, and financial reporting to ensure the store operates within established financial parameters.
• Store Manager Skills Required:
• Proven experience in retail management, with a track record of success in achieving sales targets.
• Strong leadership and interpersonal skills, with the ability to motivate and develop a diverse team.
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to build positive relationships with customers and the local community.
• Knowledge of retail operations, including inventory management and merchandising.
• Ability to analyse data and make informed decisions to drive business performance.
• A passion for community engagement and a commitment to making a positive impact in Llangollen.
What's in it for you?
• Salary of £27,500 + £7,800 bonus potential
• Holiday, Maternity and Paternity leave and pay in excess of statutory entitlements
• Cycle to work scheme
• Develop your skills and capability in a highly supportive and multi-diverse culture
• Outstanding Training & Development opportunities
• Gain hands-on experience in a high-volume, fast-paced environment
• Enhanced Maternity & Paternity pay packages
• Flexible working hours opportunity
• Excellent additional benefits package including:
• Early access to your pay through ‘EarlyPay’
• 24/7 access to your payslips via HR/Payroll Portal
• 12.5% Staff discount on fresh items & 10% Staff Discount on ambient products in our SPAR stores (ex. Alcohol & Cigarettes)
• Wellbeing support – access to emotional support, counselling, legal and financial advice
• Company Pension Scheme
• Company Life Insurance worth 1 x Annual Salary and 6 x Annual Salary with Company Pension Scheme
• NEST pension scheme
• Extra Holiday - Purchase Scheme
• Long Service Awards
• If you are a results-driven and community-oriented individual with a passion for retail, we invite you to apply for the position of Llangollen Store Manager. Join us in making a difference in the Llangollen community through exceptional service and a commitment to excellence.
• UK driving licence preferred as travel to another store etc.
• Must be willing to undergo Post Office financial vetting
• Inclusive environment: as a Disability Confident Committed employer we are dedicated to creating a fair, inclusive workplace for all. We offer a Guaranteed Interview Scheme for candidates with disabilities who meet the minimum criteria for the role.
You may have experience in the following: Store Manager alternative job titles may include Retail Manager, Store Supervisor, Store Director, Retail Operations Manager, Store Leader, Retail Store Coordinator, Shop Manager, Store Executive, Store Administrator, Retail Store Head, Store Captain, Retail Operations Supervisor, and Shop Coordinator.