Job Description for Supply Chain Contract Manager (SCCM):
There's never been a more exciting time to be part of the nuclear sector. New opportunities are being created all the time. At NNL, you'll be in the ideal place to capitalise on this momentum, face new challenges and develop a long, successful and meaningful career.
We're an organisation that's here to experiment and push the limits of what's possible. So, if you're keen to excel in your chosen field, this is the place to do it. Because at NNL, anything is possible.
To support the Procurement and Supply Chain Team in the delivery of agreed objectives by providing a quality Supply Chain Contract Management service compliant with NNL processes and procedures and Public Contract Regulations. The post-holder will manage multiple contracts in parallel, ensuring protection of NNL from unnecessary risk whilst delivering Value for Money, building strong relationships with key suppliers and internal stakeholder and supporting NNLs Commercial contracts.
The location for this role is flexible and can be based at Risley, Preston, Sellafield, Workington, Stonehouse or Culham.
Main Responsibilities for Supply Chain Contract Manager (SCCM):
- Support the Department in delivering it's Strategic Objectives, taking responsibility for engaging with stakeholders to ensure a teaming approach throughout the Procurement Lifecycle.
- Mobilise new Contracts and continue with the Contract Management of existing Contracts.
- Deliver Contract Management Strategies that fulfil business requirements and deliver value for money.
- Lead responsibility for management and delivery of specific Contract Management Strategies and deliverables.
- Actively manage contracts ensuring performance standards are achieved and benefits realised whilst leading or supporting new procurements or those already in progress.
- Lead or support Contract Assurance and undertake Supply Chain Risk and Relationship Management.
- Support the implementation of opportunities and delivering value for money and continuous improvement initiatives and re-competition as appropriate.
- Exit and Close Down Contracts including Commercial Transition activities and conducting Learning From Experience sessions.
Essential Criteria for Supply Chain Contract Manager (SCCM):
- Extensive experience in drafting, implementing and managing multiple forms of contracts including Subcontracts and EPC contracts.
- Effective Supplier Relationship Management experience.
- Strong negotiating and influencing skills at all levels.
- Ability to hold people to account, lead cross functional teams and experience in working with resolution management.
- Confident in challenging internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience of performance management including incentivisation and managing change.
- Experience of working in a fragmented team across multiple locations and proven experience of influencing a wider team from a commercial perspective.
- Demonstrable procurement experience with responsibility for delivery of complex contracts, preferably in EPC environments.
- Demonstrable experience and proven track record of contract and supplier management.
- NEC3 or NEC4 Contract Management experience.
- Proven track record of working well under pressure, to tight deadlines, whilst remaining calm and clear thinking with limited supervision
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Good IT skills.
- Ability to obtain BPSS level security clearance (this includes but is not limited to identity, employment and criminal record checks).
Desirable Criteria for Supply Chain Contract Manager (SCCM):
- CIPS qualified and recognised as a procurement professional.
- Project management skills / awareness.