An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Supply Chain Product Lead to join our client, a leading global FMCG company with Brands such as Dove, Knorr, Persil & Magnum, based at their prestigious facility in Leatherhead you will be required to work 2 days per week from site the rest you can work from home, if preferred.
This is a full-time temporary role for a period of 6 months, working a 36.25-hour week full time or 3-4 days part-time, to start ASAP. This role is paying between £32,800 - £41,000, pro rata per annum, depending on experience.
You will be a responsible for bringing the physical products to market: working across the supply chain operations and procurement spaces in order to bring new formats, new brands and new portfolios to our consumers.
The key scope of the role is:
Setting up capabilities to land brands in the UKI market
developing local capabilities for production and distribution with supply chain and procurement partners
developing alternative products with new Collaborative Manufacturers and Logistics Partners
Be a member of innovation project team and supply chain business partner
As a member of the team you may also work with other brands, divisions, formats and routes to market.
The key deliverables are:
Quick delivery of new product portfolios for E-Commerce into the UKI market
Embedding of these products and/or processes into a BAU operation, including flawless project hand-offs
Development of new and existing partner-relationships to deliver new portfolio requirements
Supporting the development and deployment Direct-to-Consumer and Business-to-Business platforms
About the role: Key Activities:
- Ensure OTIF delivery of new products into the UKI market
- Represent Supply Chain and act as business partner within cross-functional teams & coordinate different Supply Chain functions to ensure that all aspects are delivered (scoping, sourcing, capacity, cost-analysis, deployment )
- Ensure effective involvement of partners from across multiple functions: Supply Chain Operations, Marketing, Research & Development (R&D), Planning, Procurement, Quality Assurance, Factories.
- Enable growth by developing local 3rd-Party capabilities and technologies
- Develop new ways of working which meet product and business requirements whilst remaining agile and effective.
- Develop and deploy new metrics suitable for E-Commerce
- You have a Manufacturing, R&D, Logistics, FMCG Innovation or other technical background with practical product and process knowledge
- You understand product- and operational-quality and -safety and project management skills.
- You have experience working with third party collaborative partners (suppliers, customers, project Managers etc)
- You have excellent communication skills and a track record of stakeholder management, can hold others accountable whilst not being afraid to roll-up your own sleeves and getting stuff done yourself
- You are prepared to challenge the status-quo and bring an entrepreneurial mindset to try things in a different way. Where they succeed you replicate and roll-out. Where they fail you can walk-away with some learnings.
- You are not afraid of operating in ambiguity and have an agile mindset towards changing priorities
- You are experienced in Microsoft office (Word, Excel, Power Point), and ERP and work-flow control systems (eg. SAP)
- You can communicate fluently in verbal and written English
- You have a working knowledge of product innovation, planning and logistics, cost & finance management