Support Tutor - Construction
- Job Reference: 102576
- Date Posted: 6 September 2021
- Recruiter: Easyweb
- Location: Leeds
- Salary: £18,278
- Sector: Education
- Job Type: Full Time Flex
- Work Hours: Full Time
An opportunity has arisen for a Technician/Support Tutor for Construction, within our Aspire2Work Team reporting to the Performance Manager for the Leeds and Dewsbury Opportunity Centres.
Support Tutor Responsibilities:
• Support the Study Programme Tutors to deliver accredited learning to young people aged 16 – 19 (25 with an EHCP)
• Take on the role of technician for the construction area – preparing resources i.e., cement mixes, maintaining the workshop and keeping a check and ordering equipment when needed
• To support learners in the classroom.
• To support learners to move into further training and/or employment.
Support Tutor Requirements:
• Previous experience working with young people in a similar role
• Some knowledge of elements used within construction
• How to maintain and safe workshop environment
• Established varied labour market experience
• Previous experience of supporting Maths and English, in particular functional skills, or GCSE delivery.
All positions are subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exemptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for an Enhanced Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service to check for any previous criminal convictions, cautions, warnings and reprimands.
Our organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and post holders to share this commitment.
The Opportunity Centre is an equal opportunities employer. We wish to encourage the recruitment of staff from under-represented groups to apply for the advertised positions. The Opportunity Centre will seek to recruit the best candidate for the job based on merit. The recruitment and selection process will ensure the identification of the person best suited to the job and The Opportunity Centre.
The Opportunity Centre, part of the aspire-igen group, is committed to helping individuals, organisations and communities succeed through learning and work. We have a strong track record of successfully delivering government funded initiatives and contracts including ESF contracts and Study Programmes. We are also a provider of advice and support services to young people and adults in the Yorkshire and Humber area.
Location: Leeds, West Yorkshire
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours: Full Time, 37 hours per week
Salary: £18,278 per annum plus competitive benefits
Closing date: 26th September 2021
Interview date: w/c 27th September 2021
You may have experience of the following: Vocational Support Tutor, Assessor, Teacher, Teaching, Joinery, Construction, Carpentry, PGCE, CTTLS, DTTLS, Functional Skills, Training, Trainer, Course Developer, Curriculum Designer, Assessments, Learning, etc.
Ref: 102 576