- Job Reference: 105837
- Date Posted: 5 January 2022
- Recruiter: Easyweb
- Location: Bolton
- Salary: £18,198 to £19,312
- Sector: Social Care
- Job Type: Full Time Flex
- Work Hours: Full Time
Full Time, Part Time or Weekends
Birtenshaw are looking to recruit a number of Support Workers to work within our either Children's Homes or Adult Supported Tenancies.
Part Time - 18.5 hours per week (plus the opportunity to work additional hours). Working hours will be averaged out over a 3-week rolling period and may include both early, late or weekend shifts arranged by managers. Successful candidates are expected to work shifts as directed and will not be able to choose specific days or times to work.
Weekend - 16, 21.5 or 29 hours per week (plus the opportunity to work additional hours).
Full Time - Average 37 hours per week (plus the opportunity to work additional hours). Working hours will be averaged out over a 3-week rolling period and will include both early, late and weekend shifts arranged by managers. Sleep ins will also be required and will offer an additional payment.
There will be a requirement to attend mandatory training that runs Monday - Friday (prior notice would be given).
Working with children and young people with special education need and disability can be a challenging but rewarding job whatever the role; it’s a job that requires enthusiasm, dedication, energy, and a sense of humour. However, if you are committed to helping improve the lives of disabled children and young adults, your own life will be enriched from the satisfaction you get from seeing each individual make progress against adversity.
It is an essential element of this role that you are committed to implementing Birtenshaw Group policies and procedures to ensure the health, safety and general welfare of children and adults including reporting any safeguarding concerns in an appropriate and timely manner.
What we offer:
• In addition to the stipulated salary there is the opportunity to earn additional payments for undertaking additional responsibilities.
• Our support workers are based in teams in one particular location, although on occasion staff may be asked to cover elsewhere.
• Excellent Career Progression – opportunities for staff who want to climb the career ladder.
• Training Opportunities – we have an extensive range of training available delivered by experienced practitioners.
• Staff recognition schemes such as employee of the month and long service awards.
• Staff Council – Gives a voice to staff members to suggest and implement change.
• Group Income Protection Scheme. This provides a guaranteed income for employees who are unable to work as a result of illness or injury.
• Employee Assistance Programme. A 24-hour helpline to support you through any of life’s issued or problems
With a clear career path and excellent training and support on offer, you would have the opportunity to develop an exciting and rewarding career within a rapidly developing charitable organisation, whilst making a positive impact upon the lives of the children Birtenshaw supports.
Birtenshaw Group are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all young people and expect all employees to share and uphold this commitment. This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, this means that any potential employee is still required to disclose what would normally be considered a “spent” conviction. Appointable candidates will be required to apply for an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Information provided by you, or the DBS will be dealt with in a confidential manner and in accordance with the DBS Code of Practice which can be viewed via DBS website.
All offers of employment are made subject to safeguarding / pre-employment checks including satisfactory references, pre-employment medical, proof of right to work in the UK in accordance with the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996 and other pre-employment checks where applicable.
Salary: £18,198- £19,312 pro rata, (£9.43 - £10.01 per hour)
Location: Bolton, Greater Manchester
Hours: Full or Part Time
Contract Type: Permanent
You may have experience of the following: Support Worker, Care Worker, Care Assistant, Healthcare Worker, Healthcare Assistant, Community Support Worker, Care Staff, Residential Care, Social Care, etc.
Ref: 105 837