- Job Reference: 102776
- Date Posted: 13 September 2021
- Recruiter: Easy Web Recruitment
- Location: Chelmsford
- Salary: £12,218 to £12,962
- Sector: Healthcare & Medical, Charity and Not For Profit
- Job Type: Part Time Flex
- Work Hours: Part Time
Are you passionate about making a positive difference in the lives of people affected by dementia?
Do you want a career where every day is different and full of reward?
Could you be a part of supporting and empowering people and their families with expert guidance and advice?
Yes? Well, they would love to hear from you!
Support Worker Responsibilities:
The Dementia Connect Service provides a highly responsive and individualised information, signposting and referral service to people affected by dementia. You will…
• assist people with dementia and their carers in identifying their needs, providing information and guidance to help maintain their independence, improving their sense of well-being, and putting them in more control of their lives.
• be part of a highly motivated and supportive team, sharing responsibility of some group activities.
• build relationships with a range of local contacts, networking with health and care professionals, marketing the Service and providing dementia support.
• develop networks and pathways with partner organisations who work in the field of dementia, ensuring seamless and consistent support and empowering individuals affected by dementia to make informed choices.
• provide support face-to-face, by telephone and online.
Support Worker Requirements:
They are looking for a highly motivated individual, with an understanding of dementia and the needs of people affected by dementia.
• be empathetic and non-judgmental in your approach with a commitment to equal opportunity.
• have knowledge and experience of Adult and Children Safeguarding, Information Governance policies and procedures and statutory laws such as the Mental Capacity Act*
• have good communication skills to meet the diverse needs of our community and represent their needs to statutory and other voluntary agencies
• have a sound knowledge of IT systems to record data, write reports and communicate by email
• understand client confidentiality and how this is applied when representing client needs
• have some experience of working with a wide variety of relevant agencies*
• possess NVQ level 3 (or equivalent) or have demonstrable experience
• be expected to travel independently around Harlow
• occasionally be required to travel to other areas in Essex and Herts where the need arises
• be asked to apply for an enhanced DBS (Disclosure and Barring Scheme) check
*Desirable but not essential
About their organisation:
Our client is the UK's leading dementia charity. They provide information and support, improve care, fund research, and create lasting change for people affected by dementia.
Position: Dementia Support Worker
Location: Community Based
Contract type: Permanent
Hours: Part Time, 21 hours per week
Salary: £12,217.80 - £12,961.80 actual per annum (depending on skills and experience)
Closing date: 03 October 2021
Interview date: Monday 11 October 2021
You may have experience of the following: Support Worker, Dementia Adviser, Care Assistant, Dementia Advisor, Caseworker, Special Needs Assistant, Social Worker, Social Care, Community Care, Helpline Coordinator, Volunteering Officer, Support Worker, Mental Health, Dementia, NFP, Not for Profit, Charity, etc.
Ref: 102 776