We are delighted you are considering Ramboll to reignite your career. Have you read the Ramboll Return to Work programme landing page on our site? It provides all the return to work programme details you should know.
Read on for further details about this role, if you have exact experience or relevant and whether you have been out of the industry for 12 months or 12 years, we urge you to cross that line and submit your CV and covering letter. We Know You, We Are You, We can Help You.
Here at Inclusivity we have specialised in returner programmes for skilled people for over 6 years and our work is to help you transition back into a position and/or industry you have/once had a passion for. With this programme you will also be joining a cohort of other talented and experienced returners. Inclusivity and Ramboll work closely and in partnership to make this happen.
Good luck, and welcome back.
Ramboll have offices in London, Southampton, Bristol, Chester, Manchester, Birmingham, Edinburgh and Glasgow and more. They are open to flexible working over 3, 4 or 5 days across these offices as well as being open to working from home.
About the opportunity
We invite you to bring your passion for sustainability in the built environment into play as you encourage and empower project teams to provide built environment solutions to answer current global changes relating to the climate emergency. To succeed in this role, you must have a holistic understanding of sustainability in the built environment and experience in completing environmental assessments, such as BREEAM.
You will be part of a growing 17-strong, UK-wide Sustainability Team who have a broad inspirational coverage of the Sustainability discipline. We have all embraced the digital opportunities and flexible working Ramboll offers through these challenging times and despite distances have formed a close knit, strong and supportive team. The position is flexible in terms of location within the UK offices, but you will work with the local MEP and Sustainability teams as well as provide support for all UK offices. Ramboll firmly believe in digitisation of tasks to enhance our offering to clients and recognise and celebrate those who help to take us on that journey.
Your key tasks and responsibilities will be:
The position will require some work experience with the following starting points:
- Supporting senior members of the team by reviewing BREEAM evidence to complete BREEAM UK New Construction 2008, 2011, 2014 and 2018 assessments, Refurbishment and Fit-Out 2014 assessments and Datacentres 2010 assessments on a range of shell and core and fully fitted buildings.
- Organising and chairing BREEAM workshops and strategy meetings with the design team.
- Completing BREEAM Site Inspections (where required).
- Producing BREEAM reports, such as pre-assessments with excellent visual and grammatical quality.
- Coordinating with design teams (both in house and external) to meet conflicting deadlines.
- Completing Local Planning Authority policy searches to determine the works required when submitting planning applications.
- Preparing multi-disciplinary sustainability statements which are reviewed by senior members of staff to accompany planning applications.
- Working as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Working within the agreed timelines and budget on tasks.
- Your key deliverables over the first 12 months for this role will be:
- Gain extensive knowledge of Environmental Assessments, such as BREEAM, WELL or LEED.
Personal qualities that will help you succeed in this role include
- Understanding of Environmental assessments such as BREEAM, WELL or LEED.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant subject.
- Awareness of broad sustainability issues (e.g. passive design, health & wellbeing, post occupancy evaluation, low impact materials, water, waste, environmental economics etc.).
Submit your CV and covering note, be honest about your experience but also tell us what you need from Ramboll to make this amazing opportunity work for you. Remember
- Given the collaborative nature of this role, excellent communication skills and experience of using your initiative to overcome challenges are essential.
- The need to lead BREEAM workshops and meetings means you should be a confident communicator with superior stakeholder management skills.
- As the role will be heavily focussed on delivering BREEAM assessments, candidates should thrive working independently and be expected to pay close attention to detail when reviewing evidence.
Closing date 8th October and we interview on a rolling basis so don't wait to submit your application until then
- they have offices across the UK
- are accepting flexible work requests across 3,4 or 5 days
- and you can work from home
- plus we work with Ramboll to offer you 1:1 coaching and on-going support.