Royal London is the largest mutual life insurance, pensions, and investment company in the UK. Since its foundation 160 years ago, Royal London has supported millions of people to protect and provide for themselves and their families.
Our culture is welcoming, friendly, flexible and we aim to make you always feel included. We welcome applications from individuals who have taken an extended career break or those who are transitioning from different sectors.
To support this, we are always open to discussing flexible working arrangements and as we transition to hybrid working, we will discuss working patterns or locations that ensure you have the freedom to be your best. It’s what makes Royal London a great place to work.
We believe that being together some of the time will help our colleagues to feel truly connected to our Spirit of Royal London culture. Many of us value the passing conversations, social interactions and building relationships that comes from being together in the office.
The Actuarial Delivery Lead role is to manage and implement a Change and Release management framework for Royal London’s business critical Actuarial Model System releases. It is also to oversee and manage the delivery of all system related project delivery and budgets within the area and manage all RLG 3rd party governance requirements for our system provider Milliman.
- Responsible for ensuring all actuarial model system releases are planned, tracked, and communicated, and ultimately delivered to fully support Royal London’s Business Plan and the quarterly regulatory valuation cycles.
- Ensure an appropriate release framework approach is defined, documented, and agreed, which balances the criticality of the change schedule against the complexity of system and process changes, and is in line with industry best practice, passes all audit requirements and targets continual improvements.
- Ownership and management of all system production and development environments, and oversight of releases into the MS cloud environments by outsourced delivery partners including remediation of both production incidents and testing defects.
- Ensure the overall Delivery of all actuarial system related projects is well managed from a resourcing, plan, and cost point of view ensuring correct recharges to all relevant projects/areas.
- Manage the risks, issues and dependencies that may impact the release and wider project delivery for all actuarial system developments, ensuring issues around timing, costs or quality are identified, evaluated, owned, and resolved.
- Direct management of a small delivery team within the wider Actuarial Systems and Development team, and co-ordination of resource planning across the other teams within the area.
- Strong understanding of release management and ITIL processes for Problem, Incident, Change & Release Management.
- Strong change management and change control skills to record, track and deliver change.
- People Management experience
- Experience of covering the delivery of complex system related changes (ideally in an Actuarial or Finance Reporting context).
- An overall control-oriented focus to ensure processes and service are compliant and within agreed risk appetite.
- Understanding of the use of Microsoft Team Foundation Server for source code management.
- Understanding of Actuarial Systems and Applications - particularly Actuarial Systems for Financial Modelling, data processing and Power BI /SSRS for reporting.
- Proven track record in defining release process, release plans (including branching, merging and integration test strategies), managing risks and dependencies and stakeholder management.
What we offer
- We've always been proud to reward employees by offering a number of benefits. such as Pensions and Protection, Performance and role-related benefits, Lifestyle and Wellbeing.
- Our culture comes from within, or to put it another way, it comes from our people. It’s what makes Royal London a great place to work.
- Our People Promise is something we live up to every day. We know we can rely on you, and you can expect plenty from us in return.
- Glassdoor have again ranked as among the best places to work in the UK.
We are an equal opportunities employer. We work hard to attract the best talent for our award-winning team. We believe that embracing difference makes us stronger. Our diverse people bring us different skills – whatever their educational background, disability, gender, age, sexual orientation, race, religion, or belief.
In fact, the first pillar of our People Promise is designed to make sure you 'work somewhere inclusive'. We want to live up to this promise; it’s good for our people and good for our customers too, because our workforce should reflect our communities.