Tax Remediation Officer
Location: Remote - UK Based - preference is local (Whiteley)
£14-£15 per hour (35 hour week)
The role will be based within the Tax Remediation team, undertaking investigative and corrective work.
The candidate will be expected to take responsibility for a technical process within the team, learning and developing knowledge of existing processes. This should be completed whilst following the necessary regulatory frameworks and internal guidelines and procedures, ensuring a high quality of work delivered in a timely fashion.
The candidate should be able to undertake investigative work, using existing knowledge and processes alongside their own initiative to resolve queries and challenges.
The candidate will be expected to communicate effectively with all colleagues within the team, as well as external stakeholders, in order to escalate issues, improve processes and co-ordinate effectively.
The candidate should be able to work independently, managing their own workload and effectively communicate any concerns with their supervisor/immediate colleagues.
Essential Experience & Skills
- Proficiency using advanced Microsoft Excel techniques
- Ability to work within strict deadlines
- Ability to work within a team
- Strong numeracy and literacy skills
- Strong organisational skills
- Attention to detail whilst maintaining high volume of work
- Ability to consistently deliver high levels of accuracy
Desired Experience & Skills
- Previous project/operational experience in a financial services role
- Knowledge of bank products, particularly Wealth products such as investments
- Existing knowledge of HSBC processes, regulations and controls.
- Existing understanding of FCA/HMRC regulations
If you are relevant or interested please don't delay, contact me at