Team Leader (Distribution)
- Job Reference: 1008143
- Date Posted: 13 July 2021
- Recruiter: Hireful
- Website: https://hireful.co.uk/
- Location: Bedford
- Salary: £25,000
- Bonus/Benefits: Flexible Benefits
- Sector: Manufacturing Operations, Retail & Consumer Products
- Job Type: Full Time Flex
- Work Hours: Full Time
This is an exciting opportunity that A.F. Blakemore are recruiting for their purpose built multi temperature depot in Bedford. We are looking for experienced Team Leader within Distribution operation, who is motivated, friendly, hard-working and passionate. The ideal candidate has the drive and motivation to support and engage a diverse team. You will be required to support and assist the Shift Manager with the organisation and control of efficient and profitable operations within the depot.
A.F. Blakemore's new Bedford depot is the largest investment made by the family run company. Boasting a size of 160,000sq feet, multi temperature, serving the companies large customer base, built with innovation and the future in mind. The site will have new lithium Ion Fork lift & picking trucks, mixture of Mercedes and Scania HGV’s (Class 1 & 2) to be used by the circa 230 colleagues. Sustainability has always been a focus for the company, and the Bedford depot is no different, solar panels and rainwater harvesting along with supporting staff to enable them to cycle to work.
Team Leader Responsibilities:
• Support the Shift Manager with the supervision of effective operations and adherence to H&S legislation.
• Carry out supervisory tasks as required by the Shift Manger.
• Cover areas of operations when low on resources as requested by the Shift Manager to ensuring consistent operational performance.
• Ensure effective operations in the temporary absence of the Shift Manager.
• Assist with staff scheduling, including absence management and performance.
• Assist the Shift Manager in the effective use, legal compliance and maintenance of all equipment, refrigeration, plant and machinery.
Team Leader Requirements:
• Good level of Maths and English and working knowledge of Microsoft programmes - Word and Excel is desirable.
• Transport experience preferred.
• Excellent communication skills and the capacity to build good working relationships with colleagues and customers.
• Strong organisation and time management skills essential.
• Ability to deal with conflict in an effective and professional manner.
• Shows a commitment to ongoing personal development and training, always striving to improve.
We love team players here at A.F. Blakemore, we are committed to providing our people the technical and personal skills to progress their careers.
About A.F.Blakemore & Son:
You will be joining a forward-thinking family-owned business which began life in 1917, growing from humble beginnings into a company that now employs more than 7,500 people with a turnover of £1.13 billion. A.F. Blakemore & Son Ltd is the 60th largest privately owned business in the UK. We are committed to developing a loyal and dedicated workforce that is focused upon excellent customer service and behaving with honesty and integrity.
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours: Full Time, 40 per week. Early and Day shifts, rotation 8 hours between 4am - 8pm, 5 from 7 days.
Salary: £25k per annum, plus benefits
Benefits: Staff Discount, Company Pension Scheme, Company Sick Pay Scheme, Additional Holidays, Long Service Awards, Cycle to Work Scheme, Life Cover, Employee Volunteering opportunities.
Closing date for applications: 7th August, 2021
You may have experience of the following: Warehouse Team Leader, Warehouse Supervisor, Warehouse Operative, Senior Warehouse Operative, Warehouse Manager, Logistics Team Leader Logistics Supervisor, Supply Chain Supervisor, Warehousing, Distribution, etc.