An exciting opportunity to join our Chemistry Consumables team, to drive efficiency, support continous improvement activities/innovation and lead a defined team of Production and Support Operatives to ensure the success of the department.
- Encourage and promote a strong teamwork culture within the Department
- Maximise efficiencies and performance across all manufacturing workcentres
- Resolve problems efficiently to ensure that production targets are met
- Promote 5S and Visual Management within the Department
- Monitor test system usage and liaise with CM supervisor to ensure that resources are planned to maximise efficiency.
- Monitor packing stations and prepare packing addendum’s to adjust the packing process where necessary
- Participate in generation of daily shift plans
- Report output per shift for designated work centres. Provide explanations for poor performing work centres
- Ensure that all test results are returned to the packing station in an efficient manner
- Provide cover in absence of shift supervisor
- Participate in continuous improvement projects
- Degree in Science or equivalent qualification would be advantageous
- Knowledge of the processes and systems used in Column Manufacturing
- Proven ability and aptitude for troubleshooting
- Experience in the supervision of teams would be desirable
- Capable of demonstrating an aptitude for leadership
- Proven ability to identify and deliver continuous improvement opportunities
- Experience of ISO and GMP manufacturing environments
- The ability to work on your own initiative
Waters Corporation (NYSE: WAT), the world's leading specialty measurement company, has pioneered chromatography, mass spectrometry and thermal analysis innovations serving the life, materials, and food sciences for more than 60 years. With more than 7,000 employees worldwide, Waters operates directly in 35 countries, including 15 manufacturing facilities, with products available in more than 100 countries. Our team focuses on creating business advantages for laboratory-dependent organizations to enable significant advancement in healthcare delivery, environmental management, food safety, and water quality.
Working at Waters enables our employees to unlock the potential of their careers. Our global team is driven by purpose. We strive to be better, learn and improve every day in everything we do. We’re the problem solvers and innovators that aren’t afraid to take risks to transform the world of human health and well-being. We’re all in it together delivering benefit as one to provide the insights needed today in order to solve the challenges of tomorrow.
Diversity and inclusion are fundamental to our core values at Waters Corporation. It is our responsibility to actively implement programs and practices to drive inclusive behavior and increase diversity across the organization. We are united by diversity and thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, our customers and our community. Waters is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or protected Veteran status.