An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a world leading global organisation, our global FMCG client (the powerhouse behind brands such as Walls, Persil, Magnum and Knorr) as a Technical Administrator to be based in Port Sunlight, Wirral (working from home until COVID-19 restrictions are lifted however at least 3 days per week will be required in the office after this). This is a full-time temporary role for 10 months, paying up to £33K to £40K pro rata, per annum depending on experience.
The UK Make Expertise Team (MET) drives excellence and key expertise in activities needed to ensure financial control and support decision-making in the factories. This is a centralised team, working for all the sites in the UK & reporting in to the PSL Industrial Finance Manager. They are primarily responsible for controls, month end accounting & reporting activities, support for business plan and decision support. The MET leverages central resources (reports, SCFS, OC, I-B-M) and will be interacting directly with Industrial Finance controllers.
This role will be expected to transform current WoW by driving standardisation, simplification & automation of in scope processes (e.g. journal calculations, Journal posting & sundry sales invoicing), enabling the role to evolve & take on further activities from UK Finance controllers.
- Support the Engineering Leader / OSHE Advisor in identifying statutory activities to be carried out within the department.
- Assist in the identification of critical control points on the equipment and that they are able to be inspected according to QM procedures. Ensure that these requirements are included in the maintenance schedules.
- Ensure 5S standards are clearly defined and followed in your area Perform 5S audit according to the defined schedule and implement the improvement actions Manage the maintenance planning systems and processes for the engineering workshops, generating the required task lists.
- Support the maintenance planning for all areas, assisting with assessment of appropriate resource availability and the tasks can occur without conflicting requirements. Take part in PM shift briefs and debriefs
- Ensure that the learnings from maintenance activities and breakdowns are fed back into the maintenance schedules
- Ensure the Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) are graphically reviewed and the gap analysis is carried out on a regular basis to understand and input into the improvement plan
- Be involved on equipment ranking process and apply criteria to prioritize maintenance Look to reduce frequency and time of PM schedules through improvements or loss reduction Manage assigned maintenance contracts.
- Technical Qualification in either engineering or proven experience of a similar role.
- PC literacy (MS application software)
- ESAP (Store Management System)
- CMMS (Computer Maintenance Management System)
- Asset management