Technical Author - Global Risk Analytics
6 month contract | Full-time
£400 per day (Inside IR35)
About the role:
Model Documentation is considered to be one of the most fundamental tenants of an effective Model Risk Management operating model. It provides a sustainable record of the models designed purpose, scope, drivers, key assumptions, limitations and compensating controls/ risk acceptances. You will be responsible for:
- Managing and executing the review and edit model documentation to ensure the models story is presented in an understandable and consistent way to meet Senior Management ans 3rd party expectations
- Production of high quality, comprehensive, consistent and coherent model documentation in support of regulatory submission and approval
- Acting as a Technical Authoring expert across Wholesale Credit model risk landscape
- Drawing the requisite information from model developers/ owners and translating complex methodologies into high quality easily digestible documentation
- Management of an iterative documentation review, challenge and approval process across multiple model documentation initiatives simultaneously
- Ensuring best practice standards adhered for all model risk documentation
Managers are accountable for setting the 'tone at the top' which underpins the principles of a positive and effective internal control environment. They should exhibit leadership and direction to their teams for establishing and maintaining an effective internal control environment, including the development and management of policies and procedures where appropriate. Managers should also ensure that suitable processes are put in place to review and oversight that internal control environment against those policies.
Context of the role:
Global Risk Analytics (GRA) is a part of the client's Global Risk Function which provides solutions using analytics, tools, and models to identify, measure and manage key risks. GRA currently covers Wholesale Credit and Traded Risk, Financial Crime Risk, Regulatory Compliance and Operational Risk. As GRA is focused on model development and ownership, its activities are considered First Line of Defence for model risk management.
The incumbent will be responsible for delivery of Wholesale Creditmmodel documentation across GRA globally, working at group, regional and local levels.
The job is a major point of contact with model owners, developers, transformation project managers and delivery partners. The jobholder will work independently and will have a high level of flexibility to consult with the business at all levels. They will need to have the ability to work closely with and build good relationships with GRA and external to GRA stakeholders and delivery partners. The jobholder is expected to successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously, taking a lead role in documentation initiatives that impact significant numbers of users and teams group wide spanning all lines of business.
The role holder may chair decision making working groups and forums. The jobholder will not be subject to close supervision, and will be expected to exercise independent initiative and judgement in proactively overcoming obstacles to success, dealing with uncertainty and changing circumstances, such as interdependencies, opportunities or risks. He/she will be expected to adopt an agile and flexible approach to work and an outstanding level of professionalism and conduct.
Skills and Experience required:
- Excellent understanding of Wholesale Credit Risk quantitative modelling methodologies and best practice techniques
- Very strong knowledge of the regulatory environment - EBA guidelines etc.
- Business analysis, requirements gathering and design techniques
- Strong quantitative modelling background
- Strong (5+ years) Wholesale Credit technical documentation authoring experience
- Strong stakeholder management/ interpersonal skills
- Demonstrable ability to translate complex modelling techniques into high quality, coherent documentation appropriate for a diverse technical/ non-technical audience
- Understanding of relevant regulatory requirements in respect to Wholesale Credit quantitative modelling
- Strong experience in a process orientated project environment; ability to work as part of a tightly focussed project delivery team
- Strong record of delivery; ability to work under pressure in delivery of projects with tight deadlines
- Superior English language skills (verbal and written)
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Familiarity with content authoring systems and controls an advantage
- Achieving Excellence
- Delivery at Pace
- Impactful communication
- Planning and Plan Management
- Stakeholder Management
- Problem Solving and Critical Thinking
Qualifications and Accreditations
- BSc/BA or higher in related discipline (Statistics, Quantitative Economics, Computer Science, Technology, Communications, Business Administration)
- Technical Authoring certification or other demonstrable writing acumen
If interested, please apply directly to the vacancy and we will be in touch to discuss suitability. We look forward to hearing from you!