What would you be responsible for in this role?
- Maintain and develop best practice predictive models (focusing on claims modelling and ancillary modelling).
- Analyse, evaluate and assess new features.
- Develop predictive models in an agile delivery environment that gain a competitive advantage for Covéa.
- Acquire and maintain an in-depth knowledge of the tools used in the team, e.g. Emblem, Radar, SAS, Python, SQL etc.
- Automate, streamline and document processes, to make them as efficient as possible.
- Where applicable, make reasonable progress towards the completion of professional qualifications (e.g. Chartered Institute of Insurance (CII) exams, Actuarial exams, Data Science MSc etc..).
What would we like to see in you?
- Excellent numerical and problem solving skills.
- At least a 2:1 bachelors degree (or equivalent) in an appropriate data science or numerical subject, or equivalent experience.
- An understanding, and experience of statistical or mathematical techniques.
- Great attention to detail and accuracy.
- Good communication & interpersonal skills.
What's on offer?
- 36.25 working hours per week with flexitime.
- Annual pay review and performance related bonus.
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays.
- Attractive pension scheme.
- 4 times salary Group Life Assurance.
- Lots of investment into your physical and mental wellbeing.
- Continued professional development through internal training, professional qualifications and apprenticeships.
- Health benefits such as free eye tests, flu jabs and the option to opt into private medical insurance.
- Additional benefits such as discounted gym memberships, cycle to work schemes and discounts at lots of retaile