The Covea Pricing function is entering an exciting new chapter as we look to build on our strong base and deliver our key board level strategic objective of being a recognised top quartile Pricing function.
As a key member of the Pricing management team, the purpose of this role is to support with the leadership, direction and technical expertise to the Technical Modelling area. A key part of the role will be embedding market leading machine learning techniques across our estate using WTW software initially and supporting the execution of our proprietary Data Science platform.
What would you be responsible for in this role?
- Work with the Director of Pricing and senior stakeholders in the business to deliver pricing changes towards achieving our business objectives, namely driving solid improvements to the loss ratios across our portfolio.
- Manage and develop a team of analysts and senior analysts, demonstrating our company values and instilling them in the analysts in your team.
- Having an insatiable appetite to push the boundaries by building best practice pricing models, data science and technical modelling techniques. Influence the wider pricing team by driving strategic changes to our approach to Pricing.
- Be the Motor Subject Matter expert, representing Pricing across key internal governance forums and providing excellent service and analysis to senior internal and external stakeholders.
- Investigate opportunities to source internal and external datasets to support your relentless drive to improve performance
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of the pricing, data science and analysis tools available e.g. Python, R, Radar, Emblem, SAS Enterprise Guide, SQL etc.
- Automate, streamline and document technical modelling pricing processes, to make them as efficient as possible.
- Create an innovative environment, identify value-add initiatives and drive through to implementation.
What would we like to see in you?
- Excellent numerical and analytical skills, and good problem solving skills.
- Past experience in a General Insurance Pricing function or a pricing focused Data Science/Actuarial function, with a significant experience within motor/wheels.
- Good communication & interpersonal skills.
- Ability to lead, manage and develop others.
- An understanding of how data science and risk modelling techniques work in an agile delivery environment.
- An appetite to be accountable/responsible and to measure and demonstrate your success.
- Display attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to work collaboratively with senior stakeholders.
- At least a 2:1 bachelors degree with honours (or equivalent) in an appropriate data science or numerical subject, or, equivalent experience.
- Hands on experience of developing predictive models.
- An understanding of statistical and mathematical techniques applicable to general insurance pricing, risk selection and analysis.
What’s in it for you?
- 36.25 working hours per week with flexitime.
- Annual pay review and performance related bonus.
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays.
- Attractive pension scheme.
- 4 times salary Group Life Assurance.
- Lots of investment into your physical and mental wellbeing.
- Continued professional development through internal training, professional qualifications and apprenticeships.
- Health benefits such as free eye tests, flu jabs and the option to opt into private medical insurance.
- Additional benefits such as discounted gym memberships, cycle to work schemes and discounts at lots of retailer.