Based in Stockport SK1, Manchester. International travel.
Business Development Team
Negotiable from £30,000 dependant on experience
IPEC is a world leader in on-line Partial Discharge testing in the power industry. Partial discharge (PD) is an electrical phenomenon found in ageing or damaged high voltage insulation. As industrial and distribution power networks approach the end of their lifetime, failing components can be identified by the presence of PD. IPEC specialise in on-line partial discharge monitoring of MV and HV plant. Its products and services are at the forefront of developments in the field and provide real solutions to the power industry.
- To be recognised world-wide as the best partner, innovator and quality leader of high performance measurement of electrical discharge parameters.
- To make a clear contribution to the success of its customers by providing efficient solutions, products and services at competitive prices.
- To continuously develop its key capability of deep understanding of customer’s applications.
- To continuously grow the company value for all its stakeholders.
IPEC has sustained a consistent and substantial growth over the last 5 years. Winning some high profile contracts and several prestigious awards for innovation and oversea business development. As further IPEC products emerge from their research and development phase into an expanding market place, the company remains on target to achieve significant growth over the next 5 years.
IPEC is a company founded on integrity, cooperation and teamwork. It is a relaxed and open working environment allowing for the freedom of expression and creativity. It is a forward looking company dedicated to progressing scientific discovery and technological enterprise.
The post of Application Engineer is one that would suit an engineer with an interest in both the strategic implementation of new technology and the day-to-day commerce involved in bringing that technology to market. The engineer will be able and willing to conduct regular solo international trips to meet IPEC partners and clients around the world.
Reporting to the Business Development Director, the Applications Engineer will work across several departments: Facilitating communication and the crucial relationship between technology development, client demands and commercial realities. The role will focus heavily on collaboration with IPEC’s international network of distributors, supporting them technically to choose the right solutions for customers, and devising commercial and strategic propositions that help convert client needs into high value projects and solutions.
This role will have a significant impact on the relationship between IPEC and its clients and so needs to go to someone who will bear that responsibility seriously, who cares about quality of products and services, understands the needs of corporate clients in the industry and is enthusiastic about the future of IPEC, its clients and its employees.
Key Areas of Responsibility
To some extent this role will be defined by the successful candidate themselves, but broad areas of responsibility will be:
The Right Person
- Helping to grow IPEC business through customer solutions.
- Technically matching IPEC products to customers’ HV network
- Conducting Market Research and Product Positioning assessment.
- Providing technical feedback to the development department and vice versa.
- Implementing new processes and systems to best support business development.
- Working with the Business Development Director to identify and implement sales strategy.
- International customer and distributor visits
- Conducting on-site surveys of assets to generate client quotations and project specifications.
- Liaising with distributors to ensure the client is offered the best support and technical know-how.
This post would suit a resourceful and professional Engineer who is motivated by providing a high quality of support and service to IPEC’s sales network across the high voltage electricity transmission and distribution industry.
The post will be adapted to suit the right candidate. Ability, aptitude, and attitude are all more important than specific qualifications or experience, but ability to understand and learn detailed technical concepts is essential. As a guide, we would expect a suitable candidate to:
- Be a STEM Graduate.
- Have an understanding or experience of technical systems specification.
- Be a good team player, able to work across diverse departments and manage relationships both internally and externally.
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Be understanding of and committed to the ethos behind the expected high standards of delivery.
- Be willing to spend significant time overseas
- Have the right to work in the UK
Benefits include: Company Pension Plan, Annual Bonus Scheme, home internet reimbursement,
flexible working and 25 days annual leave.
Applications should include:
- A comprehensive and up-to-date CV
- A covering email/letter summarising your interest in the post and demonstrating your ability to match the criteria outlined.
- Details of your current salary and notice period.
- Contact numbers for referees, which will be used with discretion.
Selection Process: The applicants with the most relevant experience will be invited for an initial
discussion with the Business Development Director. It is expected that the successful candidate will be in post before the end March 2024, ideally sooner.
You may have experience in the following: Application Engineer, Technical Solutions Engineer, Business Development Engineer, Electrical Systems Engineer, Client Support Engineer, Technical Sales Engineer, Innovation Engineer, Power Network Specialist, etc.