Location: Access Creative College, Plymouth
Hours: Part-time, 16 hours per week, including evenings
Salary: £23,000 (pro rata)
Benefits: Access Creative College also offers competitive remuneration and other job benefits dependent on role such as: Enhanced holiday / annual leave Enhanced maternity / paternity / adoption pay Sabbatical leave Employee Assistance Programme Employee Recognition Awards Teacher training which is transferable throughout the FE Sector
Applications to reach us by 13th July 2022. Interviews may take place before the closing date.
To support the Resource Manager and Centre Manager in the delivery of provision and commercial activity through effective management and maintenance of the available resources and facilities. To work with the Resources Manager and other Centre management staff on supporting and facilitating the needs of current and planned provision. To be responsible for supporting the implementation of Health and Safety policies and the effective control and management of centre based resources and ICT.
To act as Deputy to the Resource Manager as required, taking responsibility for site processes and being the main point of contact for Resource, Facilities, Safety issues and queries.
To act as Duty Manager during evening opening hours, taking responsibility for the safe and efficient operation of the site, opening and closing down procedures and acting as health and safety lead.
Person Specification Essential
Person Specification Desirable
- Operational and set up experience of music production equipment and software used in the facility, skills and knowledge required include, but are not limited to:
- DAWs including; Pro Tools, Logic Pro, Ableton Live and Native Instruments.
- Analogue and digital mixing consoles.
- PA equipment.
- Wide range of microphones and outboard.
- Projectors and other teaching equipment.
- Audio installation, including soldering audio connectors.
- Electronic maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Awareness of electrical safety and PAT testing.
- An understanding of H&S issues, risk assessment and first aid.
- Good general maintenance skills.
Person Specification Knowledge
- Knowledge of Higher Education systems and processes.
- A degree, preferably in music technology or electronics.
- Experience of working in a customer focused environment.
- Experience working in a Further Education/ Higher Education institution.
- Mac OS in a networked environment.
- Basic network skills.
- Ability to develop, implement and maintain computerised and manual systems for administration and resource management purposes.
- Ability to apply problem-solving skills
- Ability to demonstrate a clear understanding of equal opportunities issues as they affect employment and individuals/teams of staff.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels both internally and externally
- The ability to work as an effective member of a team
- The ability to organise and prioritise own workload, and work on own initiative
- Ability to manage and maintain resources, equipment and ICT systems and hardware
Before clicking on apply, please have your CV ready for upload. We will also be asking you for a short statement on how your experience is relevant to the delivery of this module.
Access Creative College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure Application to the Disclosure & Barring Service.
Access Creative College is committed to promoting a culture of Diversity and Inclusivity for all our employees and potential employees. We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds. In recognition of our commitment, we would particularly encourage applications from groups who are currently under-represented, which are those from the Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) communities and People with Disabilities and Women.
Ref: 133 764