Although this role has been advertised as Content + Cloud, please note that you would be employed by Sipcom, one of the group’s companies.
We are looking for an experienced Telecoms Lawyer to join our Sipcom Team based in London.
Content + Cloud is a leading technology and managed services provider in the UK, ranked within the top five European and top 50 global managed services suppliers and operates out of offices in London, Manchester and Cape Town and, via its global partners, in 13 countries across the world. The award-winning company provides a range of services including 24/7 support, cloud services, ERP software implementation, technology transformation and change projects, strategic consulting and analytics.
We are a dynamic and fast-growing company that truly values and is reliant upon our people, our culture and our commitment to excellence we call Service Obsession. Being the best means having the best people, and getting the best people means being the best place to work.
A core part of our business is our Cape Town operations center from which we provide 24/7 support to our predominantly UK based clients and their global operations via a 1st – 3rd line service desk, 365 days per year. This operation is planned to expand significantly in the coming years. This expansion is to not only accommodate growth in our service desk, but also an expanding remit to broaden our local service capability.
To support our growth across the Content + Cloud Group, we are seeking to recruit an In-house counsel of 2 to 4 years PQE to be based at our offices in throughout the UK although we are happy to consider application from applicants who fall outside this PQE range who have the relevant experience. This role will be predominantly focused on the drafting and negotiating of general commercial contracts and IT/Technology related agreements and services.
Health and Safety To comply with Health and Safety legislation, following Content + Cloud processes to ensure your own safety and the safety of others.Telecoms Lawyer Responsibilities:
Telecoms Lawyer Requirements:The successful candidate will have demonstrable experience of:
- Manage regulatory support and advice to products and service teams;
- Lead on expert advice around UK, EU and USA communications and telecoms law and regulatory changes and implications;
- Responsible for regulatory risk management;
- Have demonstrable experience and working knowledge of the relevant areas of law including data protection and IPR;
- Previous experience working in-house within the telecommunications and technology sector.
- Apply legal rigour and good practice with commercial sensibility.
- You must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills and have a commercial outlook to your work.
- Good understanding of UK, EU and USA communications and digital law. Experience with legal/regulatory compliance activities, ideally experience with national communications law in the UK, EU and USA (e.g. Ofcom in the UK).
- Review and drafting of Non-Disclosure Agreements;
- Drafting and leading the negotiation of commercial agreements for the procurement of goods and services, commercial and IT outsourcings, networks and business development related strategic projects;
- Drafting and leading the negotiation of commercial agreements for carrier and connectivity services;
- Legal support, contract drafting and negotiation including supplier terms and conditions, customer terms and conditions, reseller terms and conditions, variation agreements and partnership agreements;
- Assisting with the preparation of other ad-hoc legal paperwork and customer order forms, and terms and conditions service including service/product schedules;
- Providing legal advice, assistance and support (on both a proactive and reactive basis) to teams in the business, in writing, orally, by presentations and in meetings;
Content+Cloud is one of the UK’s leading technology services, solutions and support providers, with a passion for helping ambitious organisations and their people to succeed. We believe in helping to create a world in which organisations grasp all that technology can offer, improving results and the experiences of their people.
Content + Cloud is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace that is committed to attracting and retaining the best talent regardless of race, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or criminal history. As part of our compliance requirements, we do undertake background checks which, dependent on levels of security required for the role or client assignment, may include a criminal record check. Please do let us know if you would like more details on the level of checks for the specific role you are applying to.Location
: LondonContract Type
: Full Time, 40 hours per week (Monday - Friday)Salary
: £70,000 to £75,000 per annumBenefits
: Pension. Life Insurance. Health Care. Dental, Gym, Birthday Benefits and more. 25 days’ annual leave. Multiple HIIT, general fitness, yoga and meditation classes run virtually each week! (In addition to other wellness events and other social activities). Continual professional development plans.
You may have experience of the following: Statutory Interpretation, Litigation, Public Law, Administrative Law, Regulatory Law, Lawyer, Electoral Law, Solicitor, Telecoms Lawyer, etc.
Ref: 104 604