Manpower are currently seeking an experienced Supply Chain Manager to join our client on a temporary-ongoing 9 month contract.
- As the Transport Optimisation Manager, you will oversee the all movements of Healthcare waste, transport and products to and from all of the client's & customer sites by coordinating and planning logistics and site acceptance/compliance to maximise throughput and improve the overall P&L through cost savings and efficiencies. With the ongoing goal of improving the ability of the business to forecast activity levels and plan for the longer term therefore having a positive effect upon EBITDA.
- Develop a Supply Chain Model to support an operationally focused team to deliver the Supply Chain needs of the business efficiently, collaborating with all areas of the business to jointly deliver the business objectives.
- Establish scheduling strategies and procedures aimed at ensuring raw material and waste availability and schedule attainment at optimal costs and service levels.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to ensure alignment on demand forecast, capacity plans, new business introductions, supplier performance and other related supply chain opportunities.
- Develop Supply Chain KPI's - including OTIF, SLA's etc.
- Generate reports that show the performance of the supply chain function against KPI's that are set from time to time
- Collaborate with sites and suppliers to drive OTIF, shipping schedules, and order placement.
- Work with all sites to manage the inputs and maximise throughput and profitability - this includes ensuring new business is efficiently planned from a Supply Chain / Logistics point of view.
- Makes recommendations to enhance business processes and identify opportunities to improve logistics efficiencies (e.g. fuel, maintenance, reduction in double handling of waste, Transport Process Scanning).
- Monitor stock levels in real time and highlight any potential bottlenecks as soon as they become visible.
- Work with the Commercial and Site Teams to ensure new business across the Healthcare Division is properly planned with particular focus on ensuring the most efficient transport collections / routes.
Other Essential Skills:
* Experience of a supply chain / logistics role
* Excellent organisational skills
* Excellent commercial acumen
* Good operational awareness
* Decision making
* Computer literate
* Good interpersonal skills
* Good written, presentation and verbal communication skills
* Be able to work under specified and agreed time constraints
* Professional and positive approach
* Self motivated
* Strong in building relationships and able to communicate at all levels
* Team player, and able to work on own initiative
* Innovative problem solver
* Strong customer service priorities
* Knowledge of Hazardous / Healthcare waste / Logistics and transport legislation
* Working in a highly regulated environment
* Good understanding of SHEQ
If you have experience in this or a similar role, look no further and apply today, a member of the team will be in contact to discuss your application over the coming days.