- Located at Newport
- With a view of working from Avonmouth
- £24,000 - £30,000
- Job type: Temp to Permanent
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced Transport Co-ordinator to join an expanding team in Newport.
The main purpose of the role is to manage haulage requirements for and on behalf of a growing list of Clients using third party hauliers.
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Liaising with clients once new transport requests are received
- Checking systems to obtain correct transport dimensions & weights
- Creating bookings in bespoke software
- Requesting quotations from hauliers
- Forwarding of official quotations to clients for approval
- Booking transport with hauliers ensuring correct client information and paperwork is created and adhered to
- Liaising with collection and delivery contacts including hauliers on a daily basis
- Obtaining invoices & proof of delivery
- Updating & invoicing jobs to clients
- Liaise with internal accounts department
- Managing KPI's and monitor performance of hauliers & internal departmental employee
- Completing customer care responses within the required timescale
This is not an exhaustive list of duties and support will be required with other company duties.
You will be an experienced Transport Planner/coordinator seeking progression or looking for a career in Transport Logistics.
This role will require you to work 40 hours per week, which will be an 8am start Monday to Friday and as required Saturday due to the nature of this business. A very exciting opportunity to join a growing international company in Newport.
The successful applicant for this role will possess the following qualities and skills:
- Ability to work and progress issues smoothly
- Experience of Transport Logistics
- Excellent organisational skills
- Good analytical and numerical skills
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership, motivation and planning skills
- Excellent communicator (verbal & written)
- Computer literate
- Flexibility to work additional hours as required
We look forward to hearing from you.